DEX - The Return

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gadgetgricey

Re: DEX - The Return

Post by gadgetgricey »

Right, the fun starts again. :-D

DEX is due to be back on the road at the start of December, so I can use the car for a month (minimum) and see if I can identify the fault. Taking my 1.9TD off the road, and transfering the insurance policy over.

All that I have done so far is to check the strainer and all seems fine, so any other suggestions.

One other thing I have noticed is that when it is ticking over the engine hunts slightly, its not a constant RPM (like my 1.9TD). RPM seems to vary between 800 and 1100, almost as though the pump is trying to compensate for something.

CitroJim did kindly provide me with instuctions ages ago regarding installing a new pump, and the static timing procedure that had to be followed after it was fitted. Just wondered if the pump would work or possibly be showing these symptoms if this was not completed.

Thanks again all.

- Dave -
C8 - Petrol Auto (Love the electronic doors)
Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (gone but not forgotten)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: DEX - The Return

Post by CitroJim »

Dave,

EPIC Pumps are incredibly sensitive to static timing so well worth a check. The procedure is not hard at all so long as you have the necessary timing pins - they're easy enough to fabricate.

The 'hunting' is fairly and squarely down to air ingress. EPIC pumps are so badly affected by even the smallest ingress of air it's seriously not funny.

Check and check again for the minutest of air leaks and you might find all the problems aree solved.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...