replying to thread post ends up on main citroen index page

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Ahem. What was I said in post 3?
Paul-R wrote:and, especially, what browser are you using?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: replying to thread post ends up on main Citroën index pa

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:
right this seems to be an issue with Firefox

regards Nigel
I rest my case........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Anyone else having any problems with Firefox?

It is my default browser and I haven't observed any difficulties.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:Anyone else having any problems with Firefox?
I've always had a problem with Firepox :evil:

Which is why I'm an Opera devotee...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

No problems with firefox.
Opera is too much of a memory hog for my liking, and it would not show signature images that I was hosting locally
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I've had this a few times recently, but assumed that I'd accidentally clicked 'new topic' instead of 'reply'. Worked OK on the second try each time.
Now I'm beginning to wonder...
(Firefox 7 beta)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

No problems for me with firefox, I gave up on Opera as it kept losing bookmarks and wouldn't display pages correctly.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Just upgraded to FF7 and it's working fine still.

DIY sphere tool
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

I use Firefox without problems. Have had 1 or 2 PMs not reach their destination, but assumed it was something I had/hadn't done
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

I was running version 6 Firefox as my default because on win xp the search bars have a tenancy to turn black so you cannot read them in IE.
this can be corrected but it keeps happening with IE 8. IE 7 has compatibility with the web issues but can be more stable in XP

I have an open license windows 7 disk but I dont like it very much and even that has compatibility issues with my all in wonder graphics card that I use to display BBC player on my PDP panel.

Firefox 7 installed the display issues have gone and the reply button is no longer the new post button. thanks for every ones help it is difficult to communicate when all your replies end up as new posts.
Firefox is a compromise. and thus far hasn't been to bad a choice to make until yesterday. I still think the beta version of Advanced system care 5 did some damage.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Sounds like something has messed things up or is on its way out if even IE doesn't show you the search bars properly Nigel.
I presume from what you've said you're going to be running the latest drivers for your graphics card. How old is the card?
They can do strange things when they're playing up.

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

Xac,

Windows IE 8 does this on all of my three computers, one of my Dads computers the other he runs windows seven which runs IE 10 without problems.

if you Google How do I get rid of black search bars in IE 8 it will tell you it is a common fault running windows IE 8 in windows XP.
Not a software/Hardware issue. this is why I now use Firefox.

regards Nigel.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Thanks Nigel, never come across that before but it's one to remember especially with my clients who are clinging on to XP for dear life!

I'm going to move this into the chat section as it's not Citroen related and may help more people there if that's ok with you?

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

xac, that's fine,

If people get black search bars in windows xp running IE 8 the solution which is only temporary is to go to the start button then control panel then display and then appearance check the settings are correct if the word (modified) is in the selection box in brackets then restore to the default setting without the word (Modified) in brackets then click ok and the black search boxes with unreadable text will go when you next restart IE8 but as I say this will not be a permanent fix it will come back again from time to time.
As it is a display issue with windows xp it does make one wonder if it is a graphics hardware issue, my old pcie all in wonder card has been thoroughly tested without any detected problems the software is as up to date as it can be it does not become a problem until IE 8 is installed or run as a program. it does not do this with IE 7 or IE 6 but the earlier internet explorer programs can have some compatibility issues online.

meanwhile I will stick with XP service pk 3 running Firefox as my default search provider which believe it or not gives me far less trouble.
I have reloaded and tried to repair windows xp service pk3 but it has not repaired this issue which seems to be a problem with IE 8.

regards Nigel.,
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

[OT(as usual)]

I haven't had any problems with Firefox but after a Windows Update on the laptop yesterday, Opera was declared a security threat and shut down - I can live with that as I don't use the laptop for much and have three other browsers anyway, if needed.

I wasn't using Chrome at the time but see that that was completely cabbaged for most users too.

Doing a bit of spring cleaning (OK, searching for missing discs and documents) I pulled my 'office' to pieces, rearranged it and put it back together cleaner and tidier. While doing so I gave the keyboard a well-ovedue shower. (did you know that keyboards are rated a higher health hazard than toilet seats)?

I usually let it dry for a couple of days but put it straight back this time. Shook the water out of it, left it in the sun for a couple of hours to complete the springclean.
All OK at first then it started to go a bit loopy - with every press of the space bar brought up the file search box. The started to uncontrollably add ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's to everything. Made typing fun, especially in Swedish that has it own interesting features and I don't have a Swedish keyboard.

Dragged another keyboard out of the pile and started using it. Logging on to another site, the key ring manager pops up and demands the global password. No problem - except it won't accept it :shock:

Bypass that and the site won't accept the password that I have used there for eight or ten years :evil:

Bloody Capslock, innit! I usually chuck the capslock key away but hadn't on this particular keybroad.

still haven't found the discs though - had it in my hand a fortnight ago. Been looking for a week now.
Amazing some of the stuff I did find that I didn't know I had though.
Not money or diamonds unfortunately.