My S1 Activa

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Well those spheres were way out then :o A couple of ruptured spheres would have effected things quite a big, I bet it feels a different car to drive now.

That is unfortunate though Chris, however your Activa will be all the better for you sticking it out and getting the work done.

I don't think any of us buy an Activa thinking it will be an easy car to own. However when they are soted and working as they should they are a superb car, I wouldnt swap mine. Ive spent a good bit on mine but its still a bargain for the car it is and how much I like it.

No doubt Martin will have it up to scratch in no time.

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

:lol: hang on in there Chris, im convinced Activa's are like lemmings, if you get too many of them in one location they try to comit suicide:wink: (although i believe that is a not actualy true in the case of the lemming)

D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Ah, so Activas are quite solitary animals then Dean, best leave mine out of future Activa gatherings :lol:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Probably for the best, i have had 6 months of completely trouble free motoring out of mine but then im on an island miles from any other Activa's :lol:

D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Yes, mine has been excellent for the 6 months I have owned it too. Just a little over 3000 miles covered, id drive mine anywhere :D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Glad I took my V6 to your place this weekend Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

Cheers for the support guys :)

yeah i know its a case of sticking it out, i want the car to be as good as it can be and with any luck come friday mechanically we'll be there. i've not had a chance to drive it on the new spheres so hopefully i'll notice a big diff :)

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

The car is now with the lovely people in sawtry and I can report that this matrix is a non leaky one as it was nice and toastie all the way there with no curry smells :)

I also nearly put the car into a ditch as its been so long since driving it I forgot how strongly the turbo comes on :oops:

and as for the spheres, the car rides more like a hydraulic citroen than ever before, so with a nice shiny new rear HC the ride should be even better (and new LHM if i get time this weekend)

My hopes are that once this is done the Activa will behave over the winter while I attend to other little jobs, such as HDi pulley and cambelt. Oh and I nearly forgot, an s2 XM v6 that arrived yesterday afternoon, but from what the prev owner has assured me its no more a light afternoons work to restore it to full working order........

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I honestly thought that when Robyn and I arrived at Pleiades yesterday Chris that we'd beaten you there but I must confess we took an easy journey in the V6, cruise on, feet up on the dash and enjoying the power and refinement of the V6 :P

To see your Activa up on the ramp already shows you must have 'enjoyed' the drive up...

Robyn was intrigued as that was the first time she'd been in a garage and looked under a car on a ramp...

I thought the new spheres might make a difference. Activas especially are very critical of spheres and it shows that and Activa in good fettle can ride nicely and does not need to be hard..

Yep, the XM will be an easy job. Barely an afternoon really... That was a good result getting the car transporter so quickly and so conveniently...

I had to pull out a few stops to get it all back together though and in doing so I've pulled my back rather badly :evil: I barely slept last night, had to resort to Ibuprofen and today I'm wrecked :evil:

Still, all's well that ends well...

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Im getting Activa withdrawl symptoms, ive not driven mine in well over a week now!

Good news on the matrix, though with Jim on the job there was never a doubt that it wouldnt be repaired :lol:

Now, you just need to figure out how to get the turbo to spool up earlier and you might just be in competition with mine :roll: :lol:

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

easy done, sand in your engine oil :twisted:

for now at least the car is quick enough for me, my efforts on the activa for the time being will be focussed on keeping her running sweetly while my efforts are elsewhere....................

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Chris

Info on changing the HDi cambelt here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=33939

It's not such a bad job, but do watch that electric heater when bleeding the coolant system :twisted:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris, on the subject of efforts elseware, I have a zillion photos on my camera of the initial stripdown and of the gas wiring...

Remind me next time you're over or I'm over your way and I'll pop 'em on a memory stick...

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

I'll have to start an Xm thread this weekend I think with the first bits of work going into it.

Activa is now back home and has been formally introduced to the XM, they were left unsupervised for 12 hours and they didnt fight so maybe my Activa is a sociable one? who knows....

All in all it wasnt too bad from Martin, the rear HC was seized badly, but i knew that before it went in and the hydraulic leak was from the leakoff pipe being broken as it enters the subframe. The rear brake acc (anti-sink) was as flat as a witches tit as well so thats been replaced. So now my activa is on new spheres all around and my word does she feel better for it. Not as supple as the HDi but I don't expect it to be, rides better than a non hydractive Xant anyway.

I've driven her to work today (50 miles) and yeah, she's fun, heating is good with still no curry, everything about the car feels nice and tight.

*now sitting waiting for the Activa to find something else to break on itself*

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

Chris570 wrote:Activa is now back home and has been formally introduced to the XM, they were left unsupervised for 12 hours and they didnt fight so maybe my Activa is a sociable one? who knows....
I didn't realise anyone could be naive, parking an Activa and an XM together is just asking for trouble like two mischievous children, for your own sanity at the very least put a screen between them :lol: