CitroJim's XM V6 Project...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

what about the pop out coat hangers though?

D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:what about the pop out coat hangers though?

D
Owen found those for me Dean :D

Any more surprises for me?
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Catastrofic transmission failure? oh no wairt you found that one :lol:

D
vince

Post by vince »

CitroJim wrote:
Deanxm wrote:If your neighbour happened to be female maybe, to women a blue Lada Riva and a blue AC Cobra are the same car :lol:
Yea, that'll be right Dean :lol:

One of my female friends complained to me when I told her of the XM: "Oh not another blue car Jim, why can't you get one in a different colour for a change?"

I say no more...
Lol, thats a scary comment in a way.... she doesnt drive does she? Reminds me of a customer i got in once.....she asked if we sold parts for her car....when asked what car it was she looked bemused and replied...."oh, i dont know......i know its white"

It took all of my patience to refrain from shouting in her face "god damn woman get out of my shop" :lol:

XM looks cool Jim....i was looking at the earlier V6 one going on ebay at the mo..... great styled cars 8-)
vince

Post by vince »

Xac wrote:
Deanxm wrote:If your neighbour happened to be female maybe, to women a blue Lada Riva and a blue AC Cobra are the same car :lol:

D
Car dealer for women:

Lol :lol:
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

vince wrote:XM looks cool Jim....i was looking at the earlier V6 one going on ebay at the mo..... great styled cars 8-)
:D Cheap car that, cheap car! :wink: :lol:
red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

CitroJim wrote: Any more surprises for me?
The little man that lives in the ECU box. Sometimes he spills his coffee over the circuit board.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's bad of him Kev :twisted:

Mind you, he must have been busy with mine at sometime, it has HID headlights....

Dipped beams are very bright and whey white...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

605s have that central visor as well. I always feel like I'm touching it up, to operate that bit however.

Is it a mouldyplex car?

Not sure about the nickname; had I a number plate prefix like that, the car would incontestibly be called Fanny...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Not much is going to get done on LAB today :( Woke up, or rather it kept waking me :evil: , with a bad back again this morning.

Bit of a story here. I woke up on Wednesday with a dull ache in the left lower back for no reason I could think of unless I slept 'funny'. Went up to pick up the XM later that day and thought nothing much more of it. It seemed to go off. On Thursday morning I had it a bit again and noticed it climbing into the cab of the lorry to when I drove it back to the hire depot.

The rest of the day it seemed OK.

Friday was absolute agony and I had to rest it. Yesterday was OK so I gave LAB a good clean up and got as far as removing the grille, front wheels and one headlight. Nothing very strenuous at all.

This morning it's back with avengence :twisted: Except this time it's gone over to my right side and all down my leg...
Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

Is it muscular or joint pain Jim?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:This morning it's back with avengence :twisted: Except this time it's gone over to my right side and all down my leg...
That sounds very familiar to me :( it's almost certainly pressure on the spinal cord, any numbness in your feet?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:any numbness in your feet?
Yes :twisted: It may be connected with the feeling that when I've been sitting in a chair for a while, say at a desk, I can barely move, feeling like I've seized up...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:It may be connected with the feeling that when I've been sitting in a chair for a while, say at a desk, I can barely move, feeling like I've seized up...
Good news in that it's slightly different from me, I feel as if I can get up but as soon as I start to I get shooting pains running down my legs as if they're plugged into the mains. I also find it very difficult to stand or walk for more than five minutes, hopefully you're not that bad.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

No, I'm actually much better standing and walking (once I've unseized) it's sitting or lying for any length of time that does for me...

Not good for the job I do really. maybe I need a standing desk?