my new 604

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

The wipers are the same as left hand drive. Peugeot didn't bother making right hand drive wipers until about 1978.

On my 604 (being pre-78) both wipers park left. When switched on one of them does a 180 deg sweep (like a BX) whilst the other only does a 90 degree sweep. This means that the passenger gets two sweeps and gets to see much better than the driver. It would be great if it was left hand drive.

I don't know why they didn't just make both wipers go 180 degrees. Okay it would have taken higher gearing on one wiper requiring 25% more torque I suppose.

I'm always tempted to fix such issues but then the originality freaks start having a go at me
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

It passed it's MOT last thursday and got a tax disc on Saturday.
Drove it round the M25 to work this morning and it does drive nicely, though it's not as quick as the manual one I had. It seems quieter though (it does have two back boxes, the old one had one).
There is a lot of play in the front left shock absorber though. The body of the strut can move around in relation to the rod. New strut inserts have been ordered.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff... Bet you didn't see another on your journey around the M25...

:)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...