51 C5 rear suspension clonk

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Dippy wrote:
citronut wrote:in my experience i have seen many BX rear arms with everything completly mangled, seals bush's, bearing spacers, bearings,spacer tube,
regards malcolm
Hi Malcolm

Wasn't there a "Mod " for the BX / 405 trailing arms ?

I seem to remember drilling / tapping a grease nipple into the trailing arms some years ago and injecting X- amounts of bearing grease until it squeezed out of either end , worked very well too when greased regularly .

Alas , my frontal lobes have been overclocked once too often :?

yes i belive there were people doing this, but not seen it myself,

i think the kniple would have to be fitted into the pivot bolt head,as the arm is and open vouid,

my lobes went that way a long time ago :roll: :roll:

regards malcolm
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

Thanks for the part number info Malcolm, I\'ll look the parts up.

I had a check for bearings from the bearing shop but there were no exact matches. Besides, at the prices you quoted it wouldn\'t be worth scourcing elsewhere anyway. I\'ll pop in to GSF and ask next time in near.

Oh, and I forgot about the seals, a good point and I see what you mean about having all the parts there in case they are knackered.

Out of intrest, what does that black spacer tube do exactly?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the black plastic tube is not the spacer at all, all it dose is close's the vouid in the arm casting off from the bearing/pivot area,

basickly i belive to stop dirt/ruty particals getting into the bearings from inside the arm,

regards malcolm
crosser69

Re: 51 C5 rear suspension clonk

Post by crosser69 »

right got the arm off and where the bearing was its worn it oval so it looks like im in a need of a new arm,the inner bearing near the anti roll bar must have ran dry as there was bits all over..anyone know where i can get a o/s one cheap and are they all the same?