'99 Xantia 2.0Hdi Turbo hose

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sprout
My Cars:

Re: '99 Xantia 2.0Hdi Turbo hose

Post by sprout »

Rhothgar wrote:What is the part number he needs? Is it compatible with a Series 1?

I have a spare oval to round. Bit cheaper than main dealer.
I would doubt they are the same at all, but will watch for any comment to suggest they are.

Thanks for the offer 8-)
Current: C5 2008 2.0HDi Auto Exclusive (Ireland born) + VW Touareg V10
Previous Cits: CX2000, BX 1.9L, BX 16V, Xant VSX TD, Xant 2.0HDI (110) Exclusive
Some others: Fords1600E, Capri 3000GXL, Granada Scorpio, Mitubishi Starion Saab's 900, 900 Turbo, 9000 Aero, 2 Jeeps
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Absolutely correct on the pipes Sprout :-D
sprout wrote: Where does the short length come into play?
Between the turbo outlet stub and the plastic pipe that runs under the engine under the bellhousing which then joins up with the rubber pipe going to the intercooler on the RH side as you look at it from under the bonnet...

Wet oil on the pipes is a dead give-away of a leak.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

CitroJim wrote:Absolutely correct on the pipes Sprout :-D
Between the turbo outlet stub and the plastic pipe that runs under the engine under the bellhousing which then joins up with the rubber pipe going to the intercooler on the RH side as you look at it from under the bonnet...

Just to let you know I have not disappeared, and nor has the problem :-D

Just not managed a timeslot yet as this is the wife's car which is in constant use.

Jim, I aim to put the car up on standard home type ramps which I am purchasing today (old ones look weak and rusty)

For someone attempting this for the first time how long do you think I need to allow?

What bits need to come off?
Any special tools needed?

Would appreciate an input if you have a moment.

Thanks 8-)
Previous Cits: CX2000, BX 1.9L, BX 16V, Xant VSX TD, Xant 2.0HDI (110) Exclusive
Some others: Fords1600E, Capri 3000GXL, Granada Scorpio, Mitubishi Starion Saab's 900, 900 Turbo, 9000 Aero, 2 Jeeps
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Unfortunally XUD Turbo D pipe work is NO WHERE near any good, which is a pain, I have a box FULL of the things, plus another two WHOLE cars to go through!!

Need to get more HDis in, trouble is engine failure on these HDis are rare! Then its a shame to break them! Ive had one in, with 285k on it.. it still runs and runs well but the head gasket has gone between an oil and water way...

The intercooler pipe to turbo lower pipe has already found a new home! :-D :wink:
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

CitroJim wrote:Absolutely correct on the pipes Sprout :-D

UPDATE:

Now all fixed but it was not one of the pipes.

I could find no leaks.

I found a sneaky leak on one of the vacuum lines which was stopping the wastegate opening.

I have made a little temporary repair to it to and will source some new pipe later today.

Incidentally the vacuum pipe on those small little connectors/T-pieces are incredibly tight.
Had not got it to move yet for fear of snapping of the spigot!

Thanks for the help here guys =D>
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

sprout wrote: I found a sneaky leak on one of the vacuum lines which was stopping the wastegate opening.
Excellent stuff Sprout :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...