The CXM Rally is no more, arise the...

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

vince wrote: Thats a world i want a piece of....A V6 auto Citroën....bliss...oh wait, youve got one havent you :lol: ...Envy :P
I'll let you take Linda for a drive when I come over for you to do the boot lid, I'm sure you'll conVINCE her :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

She would like that :) ...me too :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Trainman wrote:
vince wrote: Thats a world i want a piece of....A V6 auto Citroën....bliss...oh wait, youve got one havent you :lol: ...Envy :P
I'll let you take Linda for a drive when I come over for you to do the boot lid, I'm sure you'll conVINCE her :wink:
Your on comission arent you Steve :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

just reeling them in Dean, let's be honest, even your hooked :lol: :lol: :lol:

You never know what might happen next year :wink: she could be looking for a new home, If I can find a 3.0 :roll:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

........................would you believe it, ive just checked and i cant make it next year, unless there are no C6's or CX turbo's for sale anyway.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

There were some really nice cars there, the ones which stood out for me were the green S1 Prestige CX and the S1/S2 Xantia V6 manual estate 8-) Also ... the 6 wheel'd CX and aerocaravan and the Orange Tenere GS estate with matching interior 8-)

The collection of Xantias were very impressive, some excellent condition examples. The XM range was quite full too. I could have quite easily taken home the F reg CX TRD Turbo2 in black with an interior which really appealed to me, a dark red leather, it even had the rear window flute too 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

DickieG wrote:...Clearly not all CCC members are snooty or rude but unless the general attitude changes it makes me wonder whether the days of the CCC are becoming numbered to the point of will it survive for very much longer when there is a far more active/friendly alternative sitting here, I for one am seriously considering terminating my membership.
Be assured, it's not behaviour limited to the UK. :?
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Got back yesterday after a great weekend, the liver does need a little rest now though.

Also appologies to anyone I missed in the goodbye rounds!
One of my highlights was a ride out in a rather enthusiastically driven Cx GTI Turbo which was fun :shock:

I think we do need to ensure that we bring ramps stands tools etc to rallies, as the interest it generates is quite amazing and its very useful having technical sessions for the less DIY inclined.
I think the the forums- FCF- Club-xm etc are responsible for much of the turnout at the rallies.

A very good weekend and I hope its less wet next year!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

davetherave wrote:I think we do need to ensure that we bring ramps stands tools etc to rallies, as the interest it generates is quite amazing and its very useful having technical sessions for the less DIY inclined.
Excellent point you raise there Dave, with regard to ramps the only thing I wonder though is whether venues are happy for that to occur what with the risk of oil spills.
davetherave wrote:I think the the forums- FCF- Club-xm etc are responsible for much of the turnout at the rallies.
Couldn't agree more, without those forum members just how many would have turned up at the weekend? Rather than make a small profit on entry fee's it may well have taken a significant loss. Is it now time for these forum members to get together and arrange their own meetings?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

vince wrote:Im tempted Steve....if she didnt want to drive it then id seriously consider a V6 on gas.....Insurance would laugh her off as a first time driver. :(

Thats a world i want a piece of....A V6 auto Citroën....bliss...oh wait, youve got one havent you :lol: ...Envy :P
I have - two of them.. oh, wait, no three.. TWO of which will have to go!!

First up, will be a Xantia V6 Auto, in Martious Blue! Not the tidyest body wise, but drives well enough, and is VERY clean inside..

Then theres my XM V6 12v Auto on LPG.. My favorite.. This shall be getting a full make over, shes a 1993 on a K plate, and everything (Except sunroff) does or will work.. I need to fit a replacment engine, as the current one is a bit tired with 200k on it.. so there should be some comming up sometime. :wink:

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul, Congratulation on being a happily married man now :D

On the subject of spannering at rallies, to be honest, Joycelyn was not entirely happy about it. She cited H and S, kids running around and so on..

I covered it as bering a "Tech Session" and she was then content. However if this was done on a proper basis then there would have to be a separate coned-off area for it...

We also need to protect the grass from LHM as well... I got quite a douche-vert from Chris's car when doing the Activa ram :D

On the V6 front, none available from me, Looks like this morning I've sold Old V6 to my life-long friend who's been borrowing her these last couple of weeks. he's fallen for her... Knew he would...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
On the V6 front, none available from me, Looks like this morning I've sold Old V6 to my life-long friend who's been borrowing her these last couple of weeks. he's fallen for her... Knew he would...
Well of all the things i deemed possible in this world, lead into gold, the lib dems winning an election and i'll even go as far as to say i'd believe that Vauxhall could make a good car, but this? no surely not. You've not sold Old V6!!!

lies, whoever has hacked Jim's account, make the news more credible next time, jeesh
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It is true Chris.

It is likely going to my oldest friend and thus staying in the family as it were...

This is a person I've known since I was 16 and very much part of the family...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Agree that we need to protect the grass, but a bit of polythene would suffice.
But whilst the forums are great for written knowledge, there is no better way to encourage owners to do DIY than shwing how erm... easy it can be!
Cant believe youve sold old v6 Jim! Not sure if its congratulations or commiserations??
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You blokes have gone all quiet on the ickled pegs. Did something go terribly awry?