DS3 Racing on Top Gear NOW.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Citroening wrote: You can't beat a nice A-Series engined Classic Mini, but then again you'd never really want to go a long distance in one for obvious reasons!
Had a concert to go to in Birmingham and as we were about to leave here the heater matrix in the Xantia exploded.

Took the daughters ancient Mini. Filled it with oil before leaving, checked it when we refueled in Tamworth. It died as we were about to park in Brum. No change for the parking meter so we just legged it to the venue and thought we would worry about it later - or take the train home.
On return, no parking fine :D and it fired up straight away.

After much buggering about trying to get out of Brum (should have taken the London road but that was counter intuitive as we were headed north) we eventually set off for Manchester :shock:
Filled up again in Newcastle-Under-Lyme and got directions (we were lost) and coffee (3am by this time) Checked oil again - empty. Filled it from the gallon in the boot, seemed to be absorbing it all and producing a thick smokescreen when I noticed that I was standing in a spreading pool of oil so exited that locale quite rapidly.

Arrived home at 6am, just in time to get ready for work.

What's that you say? I think I have gone deaf :twisted:

It was actually quite an enjoyable experience as a one off but never again in a clapped out mini.

I really don't like DS3s one bit and saw a DS4 today. Don't like that either :(
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Checked oil again - empty. Filled it from the gallon in the boot, seemed to be absorbing it all and producing a thick smokescreen when I noticed that I was standing in a spreading pool of oil so exited that locale quite rapidly.
:lol: such happy memories being stuck in many M42/M40/A34 layby's putting out engine fires and filling with more oil than fuel in my first car :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

So many people run their cars daily with very little oil in totally oblivious, obviously they think modern cars are bulletproof! :lol:

The new C4 is horrendous, what a hideous looking thing which is obviously trying to be 'stylish' it its many lines and angles but its failing miserably :shock: A real shame as the previous was a nice looking car.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Citroenmad wrote:So many people run their cars daily with very little oil in totally oblivious, obviously they think modern cars are bulletproof! :lol:

The new C4 is horrendous, what a hideous looking thing which is obviously trying to be 'stylish' it its many lines and angles but its failing miserably :shock: A real shame as the previous was a nice looking car.
Tell me about it, on another forum someone claimed Xantias were the most unreliable vehicles he'd ever driven. Turned out he never ever serviced them, no oil top ups, no coolant checks, nothing, just drove until they died and blamed the car.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Xac wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:So many people run their cars daily with very little oil in totally oblivious, obviously they think modern cars are bulletproof! :lol:

Tell me about it, on another forum someone claimed Xantias were the most unreliable vehicles he'd ever driven. Turned out he never ever serviced them, no oil top ups, no coolant checks, nothing, just drove until they died and blamed the car.
It happens all too often :(

I am forever banging on about car maintenance to people I work with and usually volunteer to check their cars over. One Renault Clio had no oil showing on the dipstick and another had tyre pressures 50% lower than recommended, worn out tyres etc. They are getting educated, slowly :roll:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:The only bit of the DS3 I don't like is the front end. I can't get on with these gulping fish grilles at all - horrid.

On principle I'd never have a Bini. I'd have (and have had) a proper Mini but never a German intimation one...

Maybe it is because I was born the same year as the original Mini and thus have a bit of a special affinity with it that I still resent this absolute icon of Britishness being stolen from us by BMW...

An original Mini was my very first car in 1976. EPL 605B. Wonder what happened to it...
First seen on Pugs.

The basking shark look.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

stevenc75 wrote:Clarkson seems to like it, but really, black and orange? It's hideous. It just screams boyracer.
Chav special they will like it!

Look at me in my Tango car with my Tango skin colour.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.