Not a Citroen.... or not exactly a Peugeot but...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Not a Citroen.... or not exactly a Peugeot but...

Post by citroenxm »

Wow.. I want this!

PRV V6 Talbot

An amazing motor for its day, one of around 3 left...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

What a nice 80s looking car, a bit reminiscent of a VW Passat. Now you would not want to be seen driving around in one of those would you, Paul? :shock:

H
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

handyman wrote:What a nice 80s looking car
Hmm, an interesting car but not in my eyes nice looking. Looks like the offspring of the meeting of a Volvo and a ruler...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
handyman wrote:What a nice 80s looking car
Hmm, an interesting car but not in my eyes nice looking. Looks like the offspring of the meeting of a Volvo and a ruler...
But it's FRENCH!
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Steve, it might be French, but it is still a hideous looking car. Jim was nearly right, but the ruler won and the Vulva came off worst.

H
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

handyman wrote:Steve, it might be French, but it is still a hideous looking car. Jim was nearly right, but the ruler won and the Vulva came off worst.

H
I still can't get over who on earth thought it was a good idea to call a car Vulva... :shock: :o

:twisted:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Toby_HDi wrote: I still can't get over who on earth thought it was a good idea to call a car Vulva... :shock: :o

Ahh well, and I'm sure Steve will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Volvo literally translates to 'roll along' in Swedish...

Good job they never tried making an Activa...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Knew someone who had a Talbot Sunbeam. Looked basic but it a trick engine in it. Can't mind if it was a lotus or something. Used to have boy racers crying.

I think iy was a Talbot the Sunbeam.
C'est pas possible!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

boristhespie wrote: I think iy was a Talbot the Sunbeam.
That's it the Talbot Sunbeam :D I remember those well enough. A girlfriend had one and the bloody thing put me in hospital :evil:

The most basic one had a version of the Coventry Climax derived 930cc Hillman Imp engine, the next one another Rootes boat anchor for an engine I believe - might have been the Hillman Avenger engine, and then there was the Scoobie of the day, the Lotus... :D :D

It was a very quick and capable car indeed and saw much rally success.. It wiped the floor with every other hot hatch around at the time and made the traditional players in that field look very silly indeed...

Here's some pictures

Sadly, there's few Sunbeams around these days as they were thoroughly enjoyed by the tinworms and suffered a horrendous rate of attrition as a result...

It looked good in an 80s kind of a way and was another of those cars that should have been a world beater - as always, build quality and being made of bits of old Hillmans let it down somewhat.
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
Toby_HDi wrote: I still can't get over who on earth thought it was a good idea to call a car Vulva... :shock: :o

Ahh well, and I'm sure Steve will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Volvo literally translates to 'roll along' in Swedish...

Good job they never tried making an Activa...
No, it means "I Roll" in Latin.

My daughter Annika was always amused by the "Volvulo" train passing our flats usually at 11pm on Thursday.
It was around three miles long (the train) and took almost an hour to pass by.
The flats were built on somewhat soft terrain and we lived on the top floor.
If you put a glass of water, really full, on the table it would spill out as the train passed and the building swayed.

The timber train was even more fun :roll:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Sunbeam Talbot?

Our maths teacher - always my favourit teacher, had a Sunbeam Alpine.
Coolest teacher ever.

Except for perhaps the art teacher.
She was like an ancient beached whale and I don't remember the make of car but it was black, sinister and gigantic (needed to be).
Like something from the Adams Family - probably was too.

Sorry about the huge image - I will attend to that momentarily.
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

I had the great pleasure in watching a Sunbeam Alpine Tiger, (two actually), being driven in anger on the 3 Castles Classic Car rally on Friday and Saturday (Gt Orme).
Was an absolute pleasure to watch and listen to them...and all the other stuff too, rather than just see them all shiny and stationary in a field.

I'd have murdered for one of those Tigers back in the 70's. :evil:
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

The Lotus Sunbeam it was the 3dr Hatch back RWD jobbie. cant remember the bloody car model.. almost a 3dr Horizon, but older...

It had a Twin Cam Lotus 2.2 litre engine fitted as standard, useually black with silver flash!!

As for the Tagora, YES I WOULD LOVE to drive it every day, and have people look and say.... What on earth is that!??? And then let them hear the PRV V6 roar!!

5 grand is quite a bit though...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hey CJ, they were never called Sunbeam Alpine Tigers, just Tigers. Still have the workshop manual and drivers handbook for mine. They came in either 4.2 or 4.7 litre format, with virtually the same running gear as the Alpine, which made for interesting handling and stopping! :shock:

Mine used to regularly blow a hose whenever it was given head. Got fed up with it when it started to get ratly, so I swapped it for a Costello V8 MGB. That was equally a bag of merde but it did go well in straight line.

All in the days when big secondhand motors were not worth two bob. Bit like now really. :roll:

H
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

The Lotus Sunbeam was a heck of a car. Always lusted after one. I, however, learned to drive in a much more modest orange Talbot Horizon. God that was a long time ago :cry:
95 Xantia 1.9td SX