Citroen Zx16v

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Re: Citroen Zx16v

Post by daviemck2006 »

That must be the way of Citroen 16v engines. The vts doesn't feel particularly fast at lower revs, it gets to about 3500 revs and wow, it's like 4 turbos all cutting in together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

daviemck2006 wrote:That must be the way of Citroen 16v engines. The vts doesn't feel particularly fast at lower revs, it gets to about 3500 revs and wow, it's like 4 turbos all cutting in together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then a second later the rev counter is red!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:That must be the way of Citroen 16v engines. The vts doesn't feel particularly fast at lower revs, it gets to about 3500 revs and wow, it's like 4 turbos all cutting in together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's very much how the V6 is.. Very gentle at low revs. Past 3500 and Armageddon lets loose :-D I love it...
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

CitroJim wrote:
That's very much how the V6 is.. Very gentle at low revs. Past 3500 and Armageddon lets loose :-D I love it...
Hmm, I like the sound of that.
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I've not had time to get the new battery on yet so that will be a job for tommorrow then Tuesday it's time for a good wash and a chance to try a new wax out which I have just got ( dodo juice orange crush ) which I am looking forward to trying as I've previously used dodo's rainforest rub which looked stunning on the emerald green , I'll get some pics up soon .

Mark
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Just in time for the X-Rally! 8-)

I think mine will have had a quick wash on Saturday evening :roll:
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

bxzx16v wrote:I've not had time to get the new battery on yet so that will be a job for tommorrow then Tuesday it's time for a good wash and a chance to try a new wax out which I have just got ( dodo juice orange crush ) which I am looking forward to trying as I've previously used dodo's rainforest rub which looked stunning on the emerald green , I'll get some pics up soon .

Mark
I'm packing my sunglasses already, don't want to get 'dazzled' :supercool: :supercool: :supercool:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote: I'm packing my sunglasses already, don't want to get 'dazzled' :supercool: :supercool: :supercool:
Hopefully we'll need them for the X rally anyway...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:Hopefully we'll need them for the X rally anyway...
Looking outside today we hopefully will - blue skies and the sun is definitely shining! [-o<
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

The Zx was due for a good cleaning session after being sat for what seems like an age , here's a couple of before pics of her looking very neglected .

I gave the engine bay a quick spruce up using some bilt hamber surfex Hd and this was aggitated with a soft brush and then rinsed off , next up was to clean the wheels/tyres and give the wheel arches a thorough scrub and rinse , surfex Hd was used again as it is such a great product and can be diluted for the job in hand . The paintwork was shampoo'ed using a sample bottle if finishkare #118 super concentrated shampoo and then rinsed with an open ended hose to aid drying . My wax today was dodo juices orange crush which I am highly delighted with leaving a deep shimmer on the paint. The door shuts were also cleaned and treated to a spray of some finishkare fk#425 polywipe for a little extra gloss and some protection . Tyres were treated with finishkare's fk#108as vinyl/rubber dressing which leaves a lovely satin finish .Tyre pressures were also checked . Here's a couple of after pics .

Mark
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Looking lovely! The ZX shape still looks fresh to me.
daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

The before pic is cleaner than I've ever seen my vts :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is a lovely car, I always liked the zx, more so the 3 door. Far nicer than the xsara that followed it.
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

The ZX is looking very smart indeed Mark!

As the weather was so nice here tidy I gave the C4 a going over - Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Wax Plus was the order of the day - really does bring it up well. Once used up I'll invest in some Dodo Juice...
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I bet that loeb looks lovely when freshly waxed Franklin , this is the second dodo wax I've tried and they are both fantastic , I've also tried their supernatural hybrid sealant which really is an amazing product . They are available in sample pots so you can try them before buying a large pot , I promise you won't be dissapointed .

Mark
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

I took some photos afterwards Mark but when freshly waxed it's difficult to get a decent photo as all I seem to get is reflections! :roll:

Certainly, the red Loeb was an easier car to photo but this black Loeb likes to act as a mirror! :lol: I'll try some better locations soon...

I think I'll have to try one of their sample pots in that case...