Citroen Zx16v

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

bxzx16v

Re: Citroen Zx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

It's good to hear you managed to find a good home for her it's only up the road from me so I may even get two Zx16's at a show now , that would be fantastic . I look forward to hearing from the new owner Ben .

Mark

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I thought I would give the Zx a good wash and try the finishkare shampoo sample I recently got from Cyc . My opinion is it's not as good as their fk1016 polywash shampoo or my other favourite which is dodo juice basics of bling which is getting some use at the minute . That was a couple of days ago and the cars caked in salt and crud so will be getting another wash in the week and hopefully a couple of layers of dodo orange crush as the wax that is on is virtually non existent .

Mark

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

It's under there somewhere , sadly with a flat battery but that will be sorted on Tuesday .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh :shock:

You've had proper snow Mark :-D

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

We sure did Jim , the doblos got at least 6 inch on it and we've just cleared the laguna off to go shopping . The doblos the best in the snow but I would have had to clear the drive to get it back on so it stayed where it is until later .

Mark

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Looks great even under the snow! Awakening the beast will be nice, enjoy it!

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That is some snow, what is with this weather! :twisted: Hasn't anyone told the weather man about spring!

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Last year we had summer in March, this year winter. What has happened to the seasons????????????????

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

They are all just winter now :roll:

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Citroenmad wrote:That is some snow, what is with this weather! :twisted: Hasn't anyone told the weather man about spring!
Global warming!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Fake Concern wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:That is some snow, what is with this weather! :twisted: Hasn't anyone told the weather man about spring!
Global warming!
No it's not. I can remember nasty weather in March and April from donkeys years ago... 30 years ago it snowed in early April and March was not wonderful... Folks of the hand-wringing disposition were talking of global cooling in those days...

And was the summer of '76 Global warming?

It's just how the seasons are. As the Channel 4 Post Office adverts say: 'The weather does lots of things...'

And it does...

Bad spring = good summer....

Just you wait and see :wink:

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

CitroJim wrote:
Fake Concern wrote:
Global warming!
No it's not. I can remember nasty weather in March and April from donkeys years ago... 30 years ago it snowed in early April and March was not wonderful... Folks of the hand-wringing disposition were talking of global cooling in those days...

And was the summer of '76 Global warming?

It's just how the seasons are. As the Channel 4 Post Office adverts say: 'The weather does lots of things...'

And it does...

Bad spring = good summer....

Just you wait and see :wink:
Just a joke! I completely agree with you! Years ago there was an article in The CTC magazine with observations made by an ex Navel meteorologist who recorded the weather for many years. Based on this he showed habits of British weather showing repeated patterns. Very interesting & we still use the results.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Now the snow is slowly going I thought it was time I got the old girl out of get icy covering . It's been a good few weeks since she last moved and the battery was flat so off with it and I exchanged it for a brand new one , I've always had trouble with the battery charge lasting more than a couple of weeks so I'll see how the new one fares . I've also got to pick up another exhaust backbox from a member on the Zx16vnet forum and get that fitted , and fingers crossed get to the XRally in a couple of weeks .

Mark

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Hope the new battery sorts it out and gets it going. I had a zx once, it was just an ordinary one, 1.8 think it was a reflex? Cant remember now, it was about 15 years ago! I remember it being a nippy thing, there was no extra equipment, not even power steering. Was nice to drive though, as long as it wasn't in a city due to the heavy steering. I seem to remember running the front tyres about 45psi. I was young and stupid. Now I'm older and still stupid lol

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I had a few Zx's a good few years back , a 1.9i volcane which I then swapped for a 1.4 reflex then another 1.9i volcane , the 1.4 wasn't actually any better than the 1.9i on fuel . A very much underrated car the 1.9 volcanes great handling and a nice ride too. The 16v is a totally different beast with stiffer suspension and a different steering rack . Low down the 16v doesn't feel any quicker than the volcane but as soon as you hit 4000rpm it's bye bye :twisted:

Mark