Citroen Zx16v

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad

Re: Citroen Zx16v

Post by Citroenmad »

That is a very reasonable price Mark :) I paid about that for just a high quality centre pipe for the Activa earlier this year.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I was very happy with the price Chris , I paid £300 for the stainless system on my previous doblo and that wasn't much longer really as it didn't have the dreaded Dpf . I'll probably be looking at one for the Zx next year but that's a two box system and will be more like £350 from the cat back . The doblo certainly feels slightly more eager with the new system fitted , I'm just not a big fan of dpf's and with me not doing much mileage I think I could be in for problems with it in the future . I don't really want to remove it as that opens up a real can of worms Mot wise etc , the Dpf is pretty rotten so I maybe looking at letting the doblo go after the winter as much as I like it and could be very tempted by a xantia/xm . It all depends what happens at work as things are very quiet so running two cars could be a luxury for me . If the doblo went i've never really had any desire to run the Zx as a daily driver and consider it too nice to be putting tools etc in so I would look at selling that too and replacing them both with a Citroen estate of course .

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

It does sound like a Citroen estate would fit your needs very nicely. It would be a real shame for you to let go of that lovely ZX but if it makes things easier then its the best way. Often having too many cars is not a good thing! Which is why we are trying to cull ours.

No matter what car you have you will be protective over it, putting tools inside etc.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Well I've enjoyed the Zx for a couple of days now and really enjoyed it , I must make an effort to use it more as it's just so enjoyable to drive . I had a lovely pug 205 1.9 gti in a nice fetching green park near the Zx today and must say they did look well together , but give me the Zx anyday . The doblo was Mot'd today and passed so that's back on the work run now , even though i've not drove it for a few days I really have missed it with it's lively multijet engine and easy access it really is a hoot to drive considering it's van origins ( the vans are great too ) . So whenever the weather allows the Zx will be getting a little more use .

Mark

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

You need a Berlingo HDi with a tuning box...that'll carry everything you need. They're actually really good fun!

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I've considered getting the doblo remapped , at the minute it's standard at 120 bhp but I've read that the 1.9 multijet responds well and some good figures are achievable. I'm going to get the winter out of the way first and see what happens at work in the new year and then consider what to do . I REALLY would love an Xm/Xantia , if the work situation turns sour either one could replace the doblo ?

Mark

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

An XM or Xant would certainly cope with the daily grind in style, plenty still do, look at Vinces XM for starters.................

D

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

My ol Xant certainly stands up well to the daily grind. The only reason I need to patch her up is about 5 years of neglect! [-X Plenty of Waxoyl and all should be OK.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Very small update , due to weather and work I've not had time to give the Zx a clean for a goid couple of months and after my minor bodywork repairs it was certainly ready for one . I gave it a good rinse first then washed using some Meguiers shampoo plus , rinsed off with an open ended hose and dried off . Next up I removed some masking tape residue and a few spots if Bilt Hamber dynax uc which had settled on the paintwork after treatment . I didn't have time to get any wax/sealant on the paintwork just a quick wipeover with some Finishkare fk425 polywipe which will put a tiny bit of protection on the paintwork but a nice deep shine . The wheels and arches were cleaned with some Bilt Hamber surfex Hd applied with a foaming sprayer scrubbed and rinsed off , the tyres were dressed with some Finishkare fk108as rubber/vinyl dressing , so all nice and clean now and ready for use on some dry days .

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Its not easy keeping cars clean in this weather is it :lol: Mine are all in need of a wash, so that'll be my Saturday :roll:

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

A great way to spend a Saturday Chris if the weathers ok , I'm glad our four aren't used daily as that would be most of the weekend gone to do them right :roll:

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

The Xantia HDi is now my daily and is filthy and the C5 looks like its turned into a tree its so camouflaged in leaves. The Activa is the cleanest, but sometime over the next few days I'll give that a good clean and machine polish etc. I'll clean the C5 and HDi Xant on Saturday i think. Mind, I'm tempted to machine the HDi when I next wash it ..

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

You seem to be enjoying the machine polisher Chris , it certainly makes a difference to darker coloured paints , silvers etc not as much but still good , it's the dodo supernatural which will make silver look stunning 8-)

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

The HDi does really need a machine polish, its got a few paint swirls and marks which will come out with the polisher. Ive always been annoyed by swirls in paint but usually its a fine art getting them out by hand, the machine polisher removes them and does so much more. Im very impressed.

I did the front wings and bonnet on the HDi when i got it, they look superb and give me encouragement to do the rest of the car. It'll look good once done im sure, dark colour always do.

Equally I'm looking forward to doing the Activa, its silver but I think its in need of it.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Zx to the rescue AGAIN , took the doblo out yesterday shopping and when we came back to it the tyre was almost flat :cry: , limped it to a petrol station and put some air in to get us home . I thought I would change the wheel today so set about jacking it up taking the alloy wheel off and tried to put the steel spare on , it doesn't fit and it's the original spare with the car . The problem is that there are to studs on the hub which are fouling on the back of the steel spare whereas the alloys have sections cut out of the back , so after a lot of cursing I've left it jacked up with the spare underneath until I can get the original wheel back on , I'm pretty sure a spare wheel is meant to fit , there's a clue in the name , I will take this up with the local fiat dealer tommorrow . Thank heavens for this Zx it's always there waiting in the wings , I do like this doblo but I don't think it will be here too much longer .

Mark