Citroen Zx16v

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad

Re: Citroën Zx16v

Post by Citroenmad »

I think XMs suit auto boxes, it seems to go well with their laid back nature and the driving style.

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Citroenmad wrote:I think XMs suit auto boxes, it seems to go well with their laid back nature and the driving style.
All bar the S1 24v'er... :shock: :-D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Citroening wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:I think XMs suit auto boxes, it seems to go well with their laid back nature and the driving style.
All bar the S1 24v'er... :shock: :-D
Quite, that would not suit an auto box and its not really a laid back car 8-)

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

After some serious thought I decided not to go for a Xantia/Xm as I wouldn't like to have to put tools etc into either , I'll certainly not rule them out in the future should the Zx ever go . It will be Mot time soon for the Zx so it will be getting checked over and a service beforehand . I've got a couple of weeks off work soon so I will also be sorting some minor bodywork issues out , firstly removing the o/s/f bodykit arch as there is some minor rust to sort out and removing the bodykit sills on both sides to access the sills for more minor rust treatment with bilt hamber hydrate 80 and then rustproof the underside with some bilt hamber UB treatment and the cavities with S50 , after this is done a complete machine polish ready for the Cxm Xantia rally and the Icccr . I'll post some pics up of the work when I get started .

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

A Xantia estate would make an ideal workhorse Mark, though you like keeping very tidy cars so no doubt your van is better for that.

Rust prevention is certainly something we all need to be ongoing with if we are to keep our cars in the long term.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Well the old girls not moved in over two weeks and the battery is flat so it's off with it tommorrow after I finish work and onto the new battery charger I've just bought . The next job is to contact my insurance company and arrange a new windscreen to be fitted , after that I need to repair the exhaust as it is blowing slightly just before the back box . Then it's time to get the paintwork polished and waxed in preparation for the ICCR at Harrogate in a few weeks time which I am really looking forward to . I really must make an effort to use the Zx more but I've been busy after work and the doblo is a better work bus than the Zx so she's had to be left for a bit . Well once the battery is charged I'll fill her up with some Shell Vpower and take her for a drive over to Holmfirth to blow the cobwebs away .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

One thing about not using a car like your ZX too often Mark is when you do you'll really love and appreciate her... She'll seem special and better than you remember her.

Just as I do my Activa...

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Spot on there Jim , I can go 2/3 weeks and not drive her then go out for a drive and think WOW what a car . I very much doubt she will be a daily driver again more just a weekend/cheer up car/test bed for different polishes & waxes . These are getting very rare and according to how many lefts latest figures there's 18 roadworthy examples left !

Mark

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Looking forward to seeing it at the ICCCR Mark!

Might be worth checking the calendar though, it's only 11 days away :shock:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Don't leave your polishing too long Mark, its the week after this :shock:

Great little example yours is, I very much like it, infrequent use and your maintenence is obviously keeping it in good shape :-D

Edit: Kev beat me to it!

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Only realised today it was closer than what I thought , I've just had a few days recovering after some back trouble and I've got a few jobs I need to catch up on and not enough time, and we have got loads on at work too .

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Im sure it'll be looking very smart anyway Mark, it crept up on me too, I was thinking we had two weeks yet :lol:

bxzx16v

Re: Citroen Zx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I managed to get an hour in this afternoon giving the engine bay a little tidy up , I gave it a good covering of gunk and gave it a scrub with a long handled brush and a detailing brush . It wasn't too bad really just a covering of dust mainly , I then rinsed it clean and wiped everything over with an old microfibre towel and once dry applied AutoGlym vinyl & rubber care to finish off , here's an afters pic . Next up the wheel arches .

thanks for looking.

Mark

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

It's looking smart Mark :D

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Thanks Kev , what car will you be in and what day ? On the Zx front the windscreen has been replaced today , and it's car cleaning duties for Harrogate , can't wait :-D

Mark