Diesel catalysts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

my 1998 S2 TD Sx estate had a cat when I bought it but the cat had a hole in it went off to quik-fits who happily removed the cat and replaced it with a straight pipe for a 1996 S1 TD straight pipe the three piece pipe system then became a two piece system, kwik fit charged £70 for the straight pipe with a two year warrenty. the straight pipe loosened off a couple of times at the manifold but new springs sorted that issue out.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

New exhaust components are now being emmission compliant marked.
There is a cut off date by which time newer cars must be fitted with the correct marked components. This check will be included in the MOT with automatic failure for unmarked components.
For most of us our cars predate the regs so will not get caught out.
From reports it seems the bodge-it-quick with tat firms are already giving customers a far more draconian interpretation of the regs.
Of more import to us will be that it will be illegal to sell unapproved and unmarked exhaust components. This could make a real impact on the price of standard spare parts and present problems for the smaller stainless manufacturers.

John
Xmexclusive
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

isnt this compliant marking the same as certificated CAT's have already,

or will it apply to all exhaust components,

regards malcolm
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Hi Malcolm

The brief I saw a while ago said it covered all components and required the marking to be a specific format and be clearly inspectable when assembled.
No doubt there are Euro Crap Writers busy preparing car model specific component and marking check lists for sale to MOT testers. Much the same as the already issued car model specific ABS blink code lists.

John
Xmexclusive
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

why cant we buy exhausts like the americans can get drive in and they literally manufacturer it on the spot.
I hate the european union :evil:
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.