Towing weight question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Nothing wrong with the ols syn for towing. I've not owned a svn, had a pug 806 1.9tdi then a fiat ulysse 2.0 jtd essentially the same cars apart from headlights and badges, brilliant towing vehicules. Might try to "borrow" a c4pic with a towbar for a test tow.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I can't say a EGS would make parking with a caravan very easy. I would always go for a manual when towing, though it would be interesting to find out if the EGS has the same towing weight as the manual.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

Citroenmad wrote:I can't say a EGS would make parking with a caravan very easy. I would always go for a manual when towing, though it would be interesting to find out if the EGS has the same towing weight as the manual.
I have never found " parking " a caravan easy , a 40Ft Trailer was much easier to place. But since you only do it once or twice per trip it's no big deal really.

Just got back from an extended jaunt with Synthia & The van'
saw quite a few Grand Pics on the road , all with smaller ( but not neccessarily lighter ) Vans ' in tow. but none where we stayed - so nobody to ask .

I am assuming ? that since the Syn' is essentially a Commercial Vehicle with windows etc ( but has a very nice compliant ride )
it's Clutch is pretty beefy considering the load capability.

Don't really know whom or where to ask about the strength / longevity of a G.Pic Clutch - EGS or Manual . Especially when towing .