Lexia Questions...........

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

Wheeler - very interesting and informative, thank you. You've given me the confidence to have a go, although I've yet to get a lexia. I'm really reluctant to pay dealer prices when I could put the cash towards a Lexia and probably have change too.

Would anyone be willing to lend me their Lexia on an 'I'll cover all costs inc postal insurance' basis or is that asking too much? Anyone with a lexia near Cardiff? I'd prefer to cut my teeth on a borrowed lexia and buy one at a later date if I 'get on' with it....
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

Mods or Admin can remove this if i broke rules , but below is a pp2000 map from two Peugeot sites who work together when it comes to diagnostic help ,and since pp2000 software and Lexia usually come on the same disc all these guys have both and help each other out for a small cost ,

http://407.limewebs.com/
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

That's fine, it isn't spam as you are a member of the forum in good standing and have no personal gain from the link.
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

Thanks for the heads up Birdman. Isn't pp2000 software too modern for a 51 C5? I don't know why I think that but I'm sure I've read it somewhere
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

pp2000 is - well Planet Peugeot 2000 onwards, so its NO good for Citroen anyway..

You need to have Lexia software for Citroen

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

I have read Citroen cars with Planet when my Lexia wasn`t loaded , as long as you go in to a Pug with the same Engine you`ll get codes , the guys selling this software don`t know enough about it to say what it reads , c5`s and 307`s they said couldn`t be read but they can be, i loaded Diagbox a few months ago (Citroen&Peugeot New Diagnostics) but its not as good or as easy to use , but yes planet for pugs and lexia for citroens is the best way.

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The Birdman wrote:I loaded Diagbox a few months ago (Citroën&Peugeot New Diagnostics) but its not as good or as easy to use , but yes planet for pugs and lexia for Citroëns is the best way.
Well, Lexia is an unlovely, user hostile piece of software so I can't imagine how they've made it worse.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul-R wrote: Well, Lexia is an unlovely, user hostile piece of software
I'd not say that Paul. I'd describe it as a piece of strictly functional software intended for professional use. It works and does its job, end of. Appearance and user-friendliness is not a consideration in this sort of software.

Most out and out professional software follows in much the same vein. I work with the stuff so I guess I'm accustomed to it :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'd rate Lexia/PP as a few notches ahead from woven gorse underwear. Or is that TMI? :lol:

More seriously, it's just another tool - no diagnostic program makes up for experience and observations.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:I'd rate Lexia/PP as a few notches ahead from woven gorse underwear. Or is that TMI? :lol:
Whatever floats your boat Adam :lol: :lol: :lol: We're not here to judge....

You're right, the Lexia was never intended to deliver answers of one syllable on a plate...

You do need to interpret what it's telling you and for that you do need to understand the underlying principles of operation of the system you're looking at.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

A friendly chap on ebay who sells the Lexia units but also offers his help to solve your problem has suggested that if the correct re-boot procedure fails then it's
A) Probably new BSI time or
B) Possible worth asking Cit for a software update.

Any opinions on that?

He also suggested using bba-reman to provide a re-programmed/new BSI.

Has anyone on here used them?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Geoff Lebowski wrote:A friendly chap on ebay who sells the Lexia units but also offers his help to solve your problem has suggested that if the correct re-boot procedure fails then it's
A) Probably new BSI time or
B) Possible worth asking Cit for a software update.
Like i said the BSI is usually the first thing to get the blame for any electrical faults..... I'm not saying it wont be the BSI though but there can be other factors.
I agree that I would check the software is up to date first. A new BSI is an expensive guess to get wrong.
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

First thing i do with Electrical problems is check battery , low voltage can have funny effects on a french car, i`ve seen injector codes missing and engine ecu losing configuration .

boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

does lexia tell you what the voltage of the battery is. I ask as I don't have equipment to do this.

Also what is Proxia3_43
C'est pas possible!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Lexia can tell you the battery voltage but it cant test the battery or tell you how well its performing.
Proxia is an alternative diagnostic program to Lexia, the both do exactly the same things but in my personal opinion Lexia is more user friendly & a bit easier to use, It is now obsolete & is no longer updated by Citroen so it cant do the latest models.