Engine Bay Undertray

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

On the C5, if your undertray is missing it will eventually rip the wheel arch liner to bits.
That led to some very expensive headaches for me and the symptoms continue yet.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Been to france n back on this. Other car the wheel arch liner fell down and got partially melted by tyre.
C'est pas possible!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

On my first Xantia (N reg '95) I had a period of the speedo wobbling all over the place, then while driving on the M27 towards Gosport, there was this horrible growling rumbling noise under the car so I pulled over, found the undertray half hanging off, ripped it the rest of the way off and strangely had no further speedo issues...
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Xac wrote:On my first Xantia (N reg '95) I had a period of the speedo wobbling all over the place, then while driving on the M27 towards Gosport, there was this horrible growling rumbling noise under the car so I pulled over, found the undertray half hanging off, ripped it the rest of the way off and strangely had no further speedo issues...
I had a headache once on the road to Auchtermurchter. Turned off Jeremy Vine and strangely enough my headache went away.....

:lol: :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

lexi wrote:Jeremy Vine and strangely enough my headache went away.....

:lol: :lol:
He's good for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I find him exceedingly irritating and have this great desire to shake him warmly by the neck...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

not sure where penguin is but ive a 1.9td under tray all in working order for grabs.it's in walthamstow/chingford area E17 drop me a pm or can give you my number if you want to sort out tray?.
xantia 19td estate 96-7
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

Thanks for the offer, but I have found my original tray as the council were no more efficient than I at first thought they would be. I just didn't search the area hard enough!

BTW I am in South Devon.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX