C5 Clutch over reving when pulling away.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

Hdi 90 does'nt have a DMF, 110 does. Reg No. will be sufficient for parts identification.
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

Citroenmad wrote:
411514 wrote:So surely there must be a significant disadvantage to removing it for a solid fly.
No! :lol:

70K on a solid flywheel conversion on our 52 C5 2.0HDi 110 and its perfect, no harshness, just feels like a normal clutch.

DMFs are poorly designed things which you can really do without. On a 110 id not consider replacing the DMF, just get rid of it.

The dual mass flywheel on the above C5 lasted 60K miles. Its solid flywheel clutch has done 70K miles and its still perfect ... that says it all.

Its the only real thing which lets down the 2.0HDi 110 C5s, the DMF, everything else is very well sorted on those.
I fitted a Valeo solid flywheel conversion to our 806 HDI after the second DMF failed. The first one tried to chew its way through the transmission casing (luckily I changed it quick) whilst the second one just slipped.

There is a difference though. When accelerating hard the engine note is slightly harsher. However once up to speed or cruising I can't hear any difference.
galonki
My Cars:

Post by galonki »

ok thanks for that. well i am glad now that i have ordered the valeo solid conversion kit.

will have it changed by next weekend and will come back to leave a review a week after that, so i can test it out.

thanks for all your help.

p.s. sorry to hear that your DMF failed twice.
2008 PEUGEOT 308 1.6 HDI 90 BHP.
2003 CITROEN C5 2.0 HDI 110 BHP. (Sold)
galonki
My Cars:

Post by galonki »

thats it got it changed and all good.
got the solid flywheel and clutch fitted this week and have now tested for couple of days and to be honest the only difference i have noticed is slightly more power BHP is that even possible?

no excessive vibrations, noise ; can't tell the difference.

as for the old parts for those who are interested the clutch disc was fairly worn only about 1mm left before being level with rivots, but not sure how thick its supposed to be new as didnt look at the new parts.

the DMF looked fine, no signs of falling apart, but again could not compare with brand new one.

so yeah perhaps i could of gotten away with just replacing the clutch and leaving the DMF but i took everyones advice on here and replaced both, hope it lasts for another 500,000miles now. :)

thanks to everyone who contributed.
2008 PEUGEOT 308 1.6 HDI 90 BHP.
2003 CITROEN C5 2.0 HDI 110 BHP. (Sold)