S2 Xantia V6 - Apologies in Advance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

CitroJim wrote:Finally, are all the "P" clips correctly in place along the whole run of pipe from the pump to the regulator. These are INCREDIBLY important and if any are missing it might give rise to the problem. There should be four - two along the run of pipe above the exhaust manifold, one on the side of the engine and another on the run of pipe where it runs across the top of the regulator and down to its union.
Oooo, we may be getting close.

The pipe is only connected at each end (via the threaded connection) Its totally free for all its journey.

Where do these mystical "P" clips go, and has anyone got any. Also where would be the best bet to get a replacement seal as well. Just looking to cover all bases.

Thanks again

- Dave -
C8 - Petrol Auto (Love the electronic doors)
Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (gone but not forgotten)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

QED Dave :D :D It's bloody amazing the pipe hasn't fallen to bits!!!

Never fear, if you can bear with me a few hours I can take some photos of exactly where they should go...

Putting some on should make a hell of a difference...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

CitroJim wrote:Never fear, if you can bear with me a few hours I can take some photos of exactly where they should go...
Jim,

No rush, just grateful for all your assistance...
Now if I ring Citroen up and ask for "P" clips for the pipe from the pump to the regulator, will they know what I mean.

Thanks again

- Dave -

n.b. However you do realise that this is only the start.
(Have already closed the stuck sunroof, and fixed the rev counter as per info from other threads :D )
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Dave,

Here's some photos showing the pipe correctly clipped up. The first is the one on the corner of the front bank:

This next one is the clip that would attach to the "L" bracket above the pressure regulator body. This and the photo above were taken on a spare angine and the pressure regulator had been removed. Comparing it with your photo of the preeeure regulator top, you can see where it goes. It's help with a nut and bolt to the aforementioned "L" bracket.

The next two pictures show the clipping route across the front bank of the engine from the pump.

Note how both the regulator supply pipe (black) and the PAS supply pipe are clipped independently but share the same hexagonal standoff mounting on the tops of the lifting eyes.

The "P" clips are available from your dealer as Part No. 1568 80 and are simply described as "Clips".

They're the same on all Xantias and can be rescued from a scrap vehicle no problem at all. The internal rubber cushion in them is critical.

Do you have the hexagonal standoffs on the lifting eyes? I ask as I've see them broken off before now; my spare engine being a case in point...

No worries this is only the start Dave. I've, amongst others on here, have been all over a V6 like a rash and there's not much one or other of us haven't come across on them so keep firing away :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

Jim, You are a star. :D

Hopefully should be able to get the P clips off the 2.1TD that I've got as a spares car.

Just noticed as well, on my earlier photo you can see a mark on other pipe on the left hand side of the engine, where looks as though the clips were previously.

Think I'll speak to Citroen and order the conical sphere, just to make sure.

Once this is sorted, just got to source an air box/connectors and the bits for the two electrical connectors that are hanging down.

Must admit to already having a drive in the service road at the back of my house. Love the car already :lol:

Cheers

- Dave -
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Dave,

On an earlier subject concerning your airbox...

This may be useful:

Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

gadgetgricey wrote: Think I'll speak to Citroën and order the conical sphere, just to make sure.
Good idea Dave. The pert number is 5280 K5 described as a Seal, 6.35mm

I thought you might get to enjoy the car, they are a bit good :D :D :D :D
Jim

gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

CitroJim wrote:Image
Jim,

Where did you get those details from???

I've also got Saabs and have the Saab EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue), is there an equivalent one for the Citroen's???

- Dave -

EDIT - Just had a look on Ebay for Citroen EPC, and voila :D :D

Now what's the password for the wife's paypal acct?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's easier (and cheaper) than that Dave.

Go to Citroen Service and register and then you can see the above all for free...

Ignore the field requesting a VAT number..

before registering, choose English(United Kingdom) as your language, unless you're a fluent French speaker!!! Otherwise it'll be all in French...

It's seriously useful :D
Jim

gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

Jim.

That's wicked :lol: :lol:

Cheers

- Dave -
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Not just French, it's "parts interpreter French" - which makes school language education worth SFA. :lol:

Then again, you'll learn a bunch of abbreviations/terms that are utterly useless as a tourist in France, unless you plan on repairing a car.
gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

Update Day 3:

First Question: Do you think there is a seal in the regulator?
Had a poke around with some tweezers and a small screwdriver, but nothing was coming out.
Should I persevere or is there nothing in there?

Removed the "P" clips from my breaker and fitted them across the engine. Not fitted the ones on the end yet, as may still need to move pipe re seal issue,

Fixed the Windscreen washers as pipe had become disconnected by bonnet hinge.

Had a look at changing the water expansion tank, as the old one had seen better days.
Then got a little worried as I seemed to be missing a water pipe :lol: .
Checked the Citroen site, and realised there is a blanking plate, that needs to be obtained. (1307 KK)

Then had a look at the airbox - Now getting really confused.
Diagram on Citroen website has a large pipe exiting from the bottom of the airbox. Cannot see any pipework that this is to be connected to???
All I seem to have "spare" are three pipes on the top, and two electrical connections.

Second Question:
There are no pipes or anything visible (that I can see) underneath. Is this just the air intake point. Is the pipe needed?
What's pipe number 1 for, and the two electrical connectors. (E1 & E2)

Cheers

- Dave -
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

grey connector E1 is the air temp sensor for on the air box, the other connector E2 didn't connect to anything.
1. is the breather that connects to the pipe that connects throttle body to airbox

There should be a pipe that goes from airbox down and to the front toward the radiator, took it out when this problem happened and don't remember what happened to it now.
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

Cheers Rez,

Was just worried what the extra pipe was for. Never considered a "T" piece to connect to the airbox itself.

Might make a FMB set up for the moment,out of bits from my breaker just to test everything.

Do you know if the air temp sensor not being fitted would cause any issues/cause errors?

Also, do you think from the picture above is the seal still in the regulator?

Trying to source a replacement but Citroen only sell them in packs of two :roll:???

Thanks again.

- Dave -
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

its just an induction pipe for the intake, it will run with up to the airbox there, more important than the sensor is the idle pipe for it to idle well, and the breather pipe for the engine. The temp sensor helps with fuel economy but it will run without it, you could put a resistor across it to temporarily make it run better than without until you find a sensor.

to me it looks like the the seal is still in there, that looks like the metal backing to it. I had immense difficulty when i first lost it, citroen birmingham wouldn't sell it me without the rest of the pipe, if you can get them in packs of 2 thats better than what i did.

First time this came off it was AA recovered to a garage in brum they recommended, i guess they never put the p-clips back, i would of put them back if they were there.
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!