HAD a set of ramps...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C.J.
My Cars:

Re: HAD a set of ramps

Post by C.J. »

scratcher wrote:My grandson had a cat on his AX until some ******ripped his exhaust system off last week. G
One of my customers, a very large private car and van hire company, has had a spate of this recently. Brand new Transits and Movano's having their bonnets crowbared open to steal the whole exhaust systems inc cat.

Only good thing about it is the fact that it couldn't happen to a 'nicer' man. :x
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

maybe you should stick a big dog with sharp teeth under the AX instead of a cat :roll:

regards malcolm
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Nice one Malcolm. If the dog doesn't get them, then I go with chopping their hands off. Let's say 1 hand for the first offence
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

P616VKX wrote:
Deanxm wrote:I have always left my cars unlocked, the Activa has had the key in the ignition all winter here and my ramps are on the drive and i have had no problems as yet, a couple of weeks ago though a car was stolen just round the corner and set light to, made front page news and everything, ive started locking the cars.

Sorry to hear the pilfering little sods have struck you Richard, it israther annoying to say the least :evil:

D
My Granny owned a Metro 1.0L from nearly new (Dealership + 1 short term I believe), approximately 1989... She had one incident where her arthiritic wrists couldn't work the steering lock and then from 1990-2007 when she died, the key didn't get removed once and it only got locked when parked in the Co-Op Car Park as the area "Wasn't so good"...

My garage door hasn't been closed for 2 years and nothing's been nicked from there... Yet my friend from Berkshire is scared to have the doors unlocked when the car is moving for fear of it being taken...

What a sad world we live in!
Berkshire's weird. I live in Twyford, I usually leave the cars unlocked, I've left stuff out on the drive for freecyclers to collect, left tools outside. Never had a thing stolen .. apart from the very first night we moved there, when someone broke into my Cherokee and nicked my sat-nav and wallet (I know, I know). When I told the neighbours and police, non of them believed me - it just doesn't happen round there. Indeed, just before xmas, my missus dropped her wallet on the path near a local school at night. She got a call from plod a couple of days later to come and collect it - with the £35 quid in cash, gift cards, driving licence, the lot all still present.

My mate in Reading, 6 miles away has totally different experiences of Berkshire..
scratcher
My Cars:

HAD a set of car ramps

Post by scratcher »

The only p[roblem with having someone steal my grandsons 'cat' in that grandad has to 'loan' the money to pay for repairs on a very very long term basis. Gerry
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

isnt the reason that they chopp there hands off in Muslim country's, because the wipe the aris with one hand and eat with the other,

regards malcolm
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

One advantage of living in rural France is that opportunistic theft is practically unknown. Builders leave mixers, dumpers, stacks of insulation ..... on a site for maybe even weeks, in full view of road. Very rare for anything to 'go missing'.

On a similar vein, in general over here you don't get huge amounts of litter just strewn around. This might have something to do with the councils not providing many litter bins?