Would you ever buy a just out of warranty modern car now?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ford Kas ... I too like the original, good fun to drive too, but as said that awful 1.3 engine was a real downfall for that car. Slow, unrefined and uneconomical. Not to mention ancient. It did seem to get slightly better in the mid 2003 onwards Kas whcih got a bit more refinement about them and 10 more bhp. Though so many Ford Kas have been put off the road due to serious rust problems, rarely do you see one without rust somewhere and many have rust around the seat belt anchor points, which fails the MOT and are then often scrapped.

The new Ford Ka is just the Fiat 500/Panda under the skin, its not as nicer car as the original and nor is it going to be as reliable, or i should not think so. Its more complex than the original.

If you want a modern car with simplicity, then the C1/107 or Aygo is the only way to go. No multiplexing, everything is as simple as it can be, the engine is extremely hardy but very very good fun to drive, its superb on fuel, £20 a year road tax and the depreciation is among the best of any new cars. They are surprisingly spacious in the interior, with the 5 door version its even better and access to the rear seats is great through the big doors. Id recommend one highly. All of which is why we have ours.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10