Paddling in the back seats!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Laptops get the blame for a whole lot of things. I'm surprised mine doesn't run and hide when it sees me coming.
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Penguin,

Sorry for the "squab" confusion. I meant the seat base, but you'll have worked that out.

Paul-R: didn't realise "squab" could mean the base or the back. I'll stick to your terminolgy - more obvious
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

c.morewood wrote:Is it an estate? If so it could be the plastic seal inside the rear door. I had problems with a wet boot for years, till I found this forum.
I have had a dry boot for over 2 years now.
There's a opaque plastic cover behind the trim on the boot door which seems to be there to stop water leaking in through the rear wiper seal from getting into the car. Its attached to the door by a double sided sticky tape of some sort.
I have just augmented the tape with loads of good quality bathroom sealant around the bottom half of the plastic and no more wet car.
I would guess that as your car is parked facing downhill the water would make its way from the boot unde the rear seats intho the front foot well.
You could test this theory by parking facing up hill if thats possible.
Hope that helps
Thanks for the suggestion but it's a hatchback.
I will check the hinge again when I get chance (going on holiday at the weekend so it won't be for a few weeks.)
95 Xantia 1.9td SX