Car hit last night

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

birksy
My Cars:

Post by birksy »

I think you're right. I wish my experience taught me otherwise but they don't take inconsistent stories, nonsense or plain reason into account. Its a cash decision on how much would a court case cost etc... and I suppose they're hardly likely to sue themselves.
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

In 2003 my wife skidded on black ice at 30mph or so and ran up a kerb and hit the bridge she was passing over. She was very lucky not to go over the bridge and fall onto the M5.
Local workers witnessed the accident because they were cleaning the verge on the M5 nearby (once in a 20-year event!). So 'naturally' they reported her number to the council who claimed off Tesco insurance for damage to the bridge. The council were paid. The bridge damage has never been repaired.

Not this incident in particular, but the way all this claim claim claim situation is now in the UK is one reason of many that we have come to live in France. Just try claiming off the council here if you trip up on a raised paving slab!

Here, life is just like it was in the UK 40 - 50 years ago. Undistorted.
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

Oh, I forgot to mention that also, if you have an accident here with other vehicle(s) involved then you ALL have to fill in forms that you must carry with you. You get a few of these to keep in the car when you take out insurance. These forms are for the insurance companies to use in deciding blame. The forms contain about 20 'questions' that have to be answered by each party involved and finally cross-checked and authorised by the other party. This all has to be done AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT. I don't know what's to be done if there are injuries or worse that preclude this.
birksy
My Cars:

Post by birksy »

MP's are currently looking into car insurance in the UK. Trouble is it's about 10yrs+ too late