R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Are you going to fill one of those spaces with something wearing the double chevrons? I hope so
He won't do it, so that he can try and spite me :lol: :lol:

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

robert_e_smart wrote:
Are you going to fill one of those spaces with something wearing the double chevrons? I hope so
He won't do it, so that he can try and spite me :lol: :lol:
That's pretty accurate. There would be no satisfaction in owning a car that you approve of... what would we talk about!? :D

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

That's pretty accurate. There would be no satisfaction in owning a car that you approve of... what would we talk about!?
How about a brief entente cordiale? I'm not getting a Renault by the way!

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

I'm not getting a Renault by the way!
Hahaha it'll happen one day!! You nearly bought that Monaco R5 (if it were closer).

To be fair, If a nice Xantia pops up I'd be more than happy to give it a new home. And no Robert, not a maroon diesel one :D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

R9UKE wrote:
I'm not getting a Renault by the way!
And no Robert, not a maroon diesel one :D
I have that! Would go rather well with our maroon diesel Xm :lol:

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

VSX like the Xm as well, and a manual!! :lol: :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Hmm, thats a point Robert, my favorite TD spec. Shame your in ireland and not selling!

Im told we are getting a Volvo estate (not sure what) on hire tomorrow, I might be able to appreciate your interest in Volvos a bit better ... :lol:

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Less than a day left and no bids. I am so incredibly tempted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Its very tempting, huge value for money there and its road going too.

550 mile round trip, easily doable, hmmm, ill watch that.

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Think it's a bit too far away for me to buy it, it would end up costing me a good bit more. But if you do take the plunge, you've always got a buyer lined up for it right here... a petrol auto with all the toys - that's my kind of Citroen :D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Well its not my type of Citroen, mid spec with a diesel engine and a manual box is what I like to see!

Though I do think i need to sample a V6 Auto at some point, and I do like C5s :lol:

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Citroenmad wrote:Well its not my type of Citroën, mid spec with a diesel engine and a manual box is what I like to see!

Though I do think i need to sample a V6 Auto at some point, and I do like C5s :lol:
Buy it. Try it. Then I'll fly over and give you your money back :lol:

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Guys, guys, guys!!

There a cheap Xantia V6 in Edinburgh on e-bay. Its
a petrol auto with all the toys - that's my kind of Citroën
I'd get the Xantia V6 Chris, the novelty og the V6 engine, in a different car, so being different enough yo have as an interesting weekend car.

Normally I would say get a Xm V6, but you find one!

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

It's the wrong colour and has that ghastly beige/boke interior - really doesn't suit the Xantia. For me it would have to be Silver with Black leather! Although it could go cheap...

Well this afternoon was fairly nice, so I seized the opportunity and cleaned the Volvo! I'm really happy with it, feels great driving a fairly rare small hatch from the 90s. The Mégane is with my mechanic overnight in the hope of finally solving my check injection message, so I'm driving this everywhere. The engine is absolutely 100%, as should be expected with the low mileage. The interior and other mechanics are also excellent, and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't pass the MOT. What lets it down is the bodywork. The front bumper has obviously been dislodged at some point, then drilled back into place! Not pretty at all.

Otherwise just the normal Volvo stuff. That fecking seatbelt ticker is louder than ever, there's no clutch footrest and the car needs to be plipped locked then open again if you don't start it within about two minutes as the immobiliser cuts in - I'm used to this with older Renaults anyway. Overall, I'm very impressed with a car I never looked sideways at before, and the jury is still out on whether to keep it or not.

I'm well aware that this is a french car forum, if pics are not welcome, please let me know and I won't do it again :oops:

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I'm well aware that this is a french car forum, if pics are not welcome, please let me know and I won't do it again :oops:
Volvos are sorta French-ish.:?: Aren't they :)
Except those are Mitsubishi-ish :D