R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

XantiaDaveEire

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

R9UKE wrote:Plan :lol:

I've been forbidden to buy another Citroën though. My first BX had an oil leak - the stains still live on in the driveway. Then the C5 arrived and covered that in a nice coating of LDS :twisted:
That's because you haven't bought a good one yet :lol:

I didn't know you had a Bx before :shock: When was that ? Petrol obviously :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Citroens are excellent at fluid retention if they are good, none of ours leak a drop of anything. Im sure you will be back with a double Chevron at some point Luke, they are just too tempting if your into French cars.

I thought the BX was a diesel?

That is a point actually, isn't Deirdre Barlow's BX a 17RD? How will you live with a diesel???

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

XantiaDaveEire wrote:I didn't know you had a Bx before :shock: When was that ? Petrol obviously :lol:
I'd love a petrol BX, but it was a diesel! The car that confirmed my hatred of the stuff and the last diesel I owned. Oh actually I had that 2.2 diesel Vel Satis which was horrific as well. There should be some pics of it in my cars album on facebook?

Yeh Chris, my first C5 V6 left nothing, it was a great car! I have no doubt I'll own another Citroen soon, but it'll be sleeping in the street :lol:

Deirdre's is a 19 RD :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mark 1 BX though... beggars can't be choosers!

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

To be honest, a diesel BX is hardly the best diesel in the world! As you know, nor is the DCi 2.2. Most modern diesels are superb, I get along with them very well for the low down torque, economy and excellent refinement - the most important thing to me. Why spend more on fuel than you have to, especially if your not even getting increased performance or a nice sound (anthing less than a turbo petrol or V6 and above im meaning).

I think you should get a 2.0 HDi 138 Peugeot 407 in purple with leather and enjoy the 50mpg average and excellent engine and box :lol: You should be impressed with it, I like mine. I know you will probably never be converted to diesels but if it was a diesel BX which put you off, you should really try some better and more refined diesels.

What, apart from this BX, do you think might be your next Citroen?

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

To be fair to the Diesel BX Chris, Luke's car was s**t.

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

I think that Luke needs to get a CX - proper car! 8-) A nice GTi Turbo 2 would be good, and if he could find a Maikonics Kit then even better! :D :D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

robert_e_smart wrote:To be fair to the Diesel BX Chris, Luke's car was s**t.
:lol:

You really need to stop finding Citroens in poor condition and just concentrate on the better ones Luke, im sure Robert can guide you in the right direction :lol:

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

I think that Luke needs to get a CX - proper car! A nice GTi Turbo 2 would be good, and if he could find a Maikonics Kit then even better!
He has fallen in love with a CX GTi Auto!

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

robert_e_smart wrote:
I think that Luke needs to get a CX - proper car! A nice GTi Turbo 2 would be good, and if he could find a Maikonics Kit then even better!
He has fallen in love with a CX GTi Auto!
Is it a good one though? :lol:

Im only interested in good examples, anything a bit beaten up or requiring lots and lots of attention due to neglect don't interest me.

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Well there we have it then - CX GTi Auto - sorted! :D

Dad said that the auto really does suit the CX - he was driving the Prestige at the time and I understand why. Roger was of the same opinion too - his Prestige really is a beaut for wafting along. Can't beat a GTi Turbo though! :D

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

GTi Turbo is the Daddy. But the GTi Auto is nice. I like the Auto CXs, the boxes give a nice sweet change.

The GTi Auto that Luke wants is mechanically very good, its awaiting a bit of bodywork attention before its perfect.

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Citroenmad wrote:
robert_e_smart wrote:To be fair to the Diesel BX Chris, Luke's car was s**t.
:lol:

You really need to stop finding Citroëns in poor condition and just concentrate on the better ones Luke, im sure Robert can guide you in the right direction :lol:
It wasn't. Robert has a tendency to snub EVERYTHING I buy. The spoiler was badly painted, the strut tops didn't look great but it was a fairly decent BX.

Yes yes yes. A 407 HDi Auto please :D
With cream leather and in that beautiful aubergine colour. SERIOUS contender for my next daily driver.
Robert and I are working out a deal involving me receiving a CX Croisette in exchange for Deirdre's BX once I own it. Sounds good :D :D

Chris - I want a Xantia V6 a lot.

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Robert and I are working out a deal involving me receiving a CX Croisette in exchange for Deirdre's BX once I own it. Sounds good
I hope you have your alarm set!!!

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

R9UKE wrote:Robert and I are working out a deal involving me receiving a CX Croisette in exchange for Deirdre's BX once I own it. Sounds good :D :D
The Croisette's are a good starter CX - in fact, my first CX was a Croisette too!

I'd laugh if Deirdre was a member on here and was reading all of this! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Your next daily car sounds very nice, I could easily live with that car, the colour is superb too. 8-)

The CX deal sounds good, I would have a CX over a BX and that Croisette looks tidy too.

There are two V6 Xantias for sale on here at the moment Luke, an excellent green one for only £500 and another for £300, how can you turn those down? :lol: