R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

R9UKE

Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Post by R9UKE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't resist the rarest colour and engine/gearbox combo. Only the 2.0 Turbo to complete the lineup now! Ironically this one seems to be the best I've owned so far yet has the highest mileage :?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Luke, great to say hello to you on Sunday :-D

I have a face to put to the posts now...
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

R9UKE wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't resist the rarest colour and engine/gearbox combo. Only the 2.0 Turbo to complete the lineup now! Ironically this one seems to be the best I've owned so far yet has the highest mileage :?
It is a stunning Vel Satis Luke, I approve!

It was great to meet you on Sunday and thanks again for the drive of the Vel, I'm a little bit hooked! 8-)
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Same to you both, my first Citroen event and I have to say that the owners are a very friendly bunch indeed!

Great to see you both, putting faces to names was long overdue!

Chris I'm surprised tbh, didn't think it would be your cup of tea at all. Glad it has sent you off with an enquiring mind though :-D

The Vel Satis did another 400 miles later that day and through the night back to Belfast, where its been in daily service since and is excelling. MOT time soon, not quite sure what to expect there. We'll see :?

Also, those of you who haven't seen my post on Facebook, take a read at this eBay ad, definitely worth it for the laugh. I'm also very tempted with it being a 3.5 Initiale GRAND Espace :-D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321105868896? ... 1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

R9UKE wrote:

Also, those of you who haven't seen my post on Facebook, take a read at this eBay ad, definitely worth it for the laugh. I'm also very tempted with it being a 3.5 Initiale GRAND Espace :-D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321105868896? ... 1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goodness, that was with feeling!

Just to say it was nice to meet you & I enjoyed having a look at the Vel Satis. Good to hear it got back home ok & good luck with the MOT.
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

You also - Very tidy C4 you have, a bit different to my grandmothers diesel VTR+!

And thank you, I fear I may need it :/
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Yep good to meet you Luke and hopefully you'll come along to some more meets - they're definitely worth it...!

The question is though, do you like Pickled Eggs?

(That's a serious question, BTW...) :wink:

Some advert that Grand Espace...! :lol:
KP

Post by KP »

Thy espace advert is very good ;) at least he is being honest I suppose but could an alternator and battery really fix it...
If the battery did go pop then its not really good to stick it back on the road as that acid is nasty stuff..

Could be a cheap runner but I bet the alternator is a bugger to do and not easily cheap for a replacement unless it could be repaired..
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Your Digit was star of the show for me :wink:

Hahahaha that looks like a great night you had there Franklin. Aye I can only imagine what the inside of that thing is like - one you wouldn't go diving into the seat back pockets with bare hands anyway :yikes:

Well I have a very cheap mechanic and a 3.5 Vel Satis for breaking. Just imagining touring around in my petrol Grand Espace with the glass roof open and the leather smelling more of leather and less of... Children. If it stays around that price I'll be VERY tempted.
KP

Post by KP »

Go on Luke :) could be fun towing it back though...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Thanks very much - that reminds me, I must put some more pics and info about it up on here at some point...

Indeed that was a cracker - CXM 2011 I believe! The pickled egg aficionado around these parts is a certain Mr Smart - never did conclude if Pub Style or Chip Shop Style was the best... :wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That Espace advert is brilliant. he deserves to make a good price simply for the comedy value and the joy he's brought to many with the advert...

Luke, really hoping you can make some more rallies... CXM is always a jolly good one...
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Well what a week!

I'll start off with this little article I came across in the motoring pages of The Sun today. Cars that will appreciate - the Citroen C6 and Renault Avantime are there! Not sure I agree with all the other choices though.

Back to my own car news and it started last weekend when I finally got my hands on the car I had heart set as being my first car as a 17 year old, but it didn't happen! A Peugeot 206 Roland Garros. Always been a huge fan of this little car - packed with so many luxuries including that mad green/cream leather interior, a full length glass roof with electric blind, climate control, auto wipers, cd changer. I couldn't resist filling yet another little gap and had it home that afternoon.

Real tidy little thing which has worn its miles (140k) incredibly well - apart from the suede part of the seats which seems to disintegrate after about 3 weeks of leaving the factory! Real peppy little 1.6 engine, ice cold AC and still MOTd for 5 months. It'll make a great commuter for my last month of uni - finding a space big enough for the Vel Satis has already made me late several times :(

Then came Friday morning when the Avantime got its new windscreen. First thing the fitter said was "what the hell is that?" Usual Avantime reaction. Went very smoothly indeed, and now ready for MOT :)

Was tempted to leave it like this for ultimate open air experience :P

Moving onto yesterday when I met David Hallworth off the boat just before 10am and we headed up to my yard. The excitement of meeting my Xantia V6 had been building for quite a while :)

I resisted taking it straight out onto the country roads and instead it got acquainted with the 406 V6 while we started on getting the C5 loaded.

Some ingenious work from David with the help of a Lexia and a block of wood, which you have probably already read in his blog, and the C5 was up on the trailer.

So glad it played ball for David less than 24 hours after getting it home. It really deserved that ending and I hope it proves to be a well behaved animal!

The Xantia..... Well I just can't stop driving it, which is working out very expensive :twisted: :-D :-D
It's exactly what I wanted from a Xantia. Phase one, silver, V6. The low mileage and private plate was just the icing on the cake. It got a thorough clean today and the leather has come up like the brochure shots! I really missed the random suspension adjustments of a Citroen while you're driving, it's been far too long! Such a fantastic car which ticked over to a mere 50k miles earlier. I've got used to the brakes - made me feel like quite a bad driver for the first few journeys :lol:

KP

Post by KP »

£700 for a current c6?!? Is that working or a cat a/b?!?
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

KP wrote:£700 for a current c6?!? Is that working or a cat a/b?!?
Pretty sure they missed a 0, considering they have the , in there. :)