New drivers and towing is so confusing any ideas please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:That could simply be done according to speed, or with temperature sensors as soon as the outside temperature drops below 0 the abs comes off reactivating when the temperature rises, an automated system no chance of human error then not turnning it back on again.
I think they would need to start using more reliable outside temp sensors first, the ones on the C5 are terrible.
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:in some vauxhalls there is a switch to disable the air bags on the passenger side of the car so people can put a child seat in
I believe all Citroens (with passanger airbags) have had this feature since around the time of the Xantia 2.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

wheeler wrote: I think they would need to start using more reliable outside temp sensors first, the ones on the C5 are terrible.
Really?

Ive always found them to be extremely accurate .... :?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Citroenmad wrote:
wheeler wrote: I think they would need to start using more reliable outside temp sensors first, the ones on the C5 are terrible.
Really?

Ive always found them to be extremely accurate .... :?
I'm not saying they are inaccurate (when they work), the sensors are just really prone to failing.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I see, ive not had that problem. :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

wheeler wrote:
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:That could simply be done according to speed, or with temperature sensors as soon as the outside temperature drops below 0 the abs comes off reactivating when the temperature rises, an automated system no chance of human error then not turnning it back on again.
I think they would need to start using more reliable outside temp sensors first, the ones on the C5 are terrible.
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:in some vauxhalls there is a switch to disable the air bags on the passenger side of the car so people can put a child seat in
I believe all Citroëns (with passanger airbags) have had this feature since around the time of the Xantia 2.
yes the xantia S2 temp sensors seem to be inacurate as soon as the engine warms up to but my Mk 2 doesnt have the facility to turn off the airbags with a key maybe it was a feature reserved for the HDi's ???

I have disabled them anyway (for medical reasons).
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote: yes the Xantia S2 temp sensors seem to be inacurate as soon as the engine warms up to but my Mk 2 doesnt have the facility to turn off the airbags with a key maybe it was a feature reserved for the HDi's ???
Really, what year is it ? Was working on a 99 (T reg) HDi the other week & the passanger airbag deactivation key switch is in front of the height selector lever. It's on the end of the dash at the passangers side on Xsara's.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

wheeler,

mines a Mk2 1998 xantia diesel turbo estate with SX trim. airbags,and air-con. but no switch to turn off the airbags.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.