C5 Radio Kaput!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Tim,

Ahhh the joys of owning a Citroen, don't you just love them...

I wish I could say the same but sadly my FM is still acting up and it looks as if the AM is going the same way as it's getting noisier and a bit fuzzy, more so when the rngine is running but seems to clear with the engine off :?

Peter
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
wizzer59
My Cars:

Post by wizzer59 »

Hi Peter

Yea learning to! :roll:

have you had a look at the arial amp yet??

Tim
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hiya Tim,

This is my 6th Citroen having owned a ZX, BX and 3 Xantia's and I think they are brilliant cars, it's just all the wee niggly problems that crop up that sometimes get you more than anything major....

I haven't had a chance to look yet, I found another post on here that says you can access it through the rear light mounting but it seems it can be a bit of a bu**er of a job to get into it..

I'm afraid that with the way my hands are with arthritis that anything invloving stuff to fiddly is out of the question... I can cope with stuff out in the open or a fair amount of room around it but get into enclsed spaces is getting impossible, it took me all my time to get into the fuse box to pull a fuse :cry:

Peter
wizzer59
My Cars:

Post by wizzer59 »

THELABMAN wrote:Hiya Tim,

This is my 6th Citroën having owned a ZX, BX and 3 Xantia's and I think they are brilliant cars, it's just all the wee niggly problems that crop up that sometimes get you more than anything major....

I haven't had a chance to look yet, I found another post on here that says you can access it through the rear light mounting but it seems it can be a bit of a bu**er of a job to get into it..

I'm afraid that with the way my hands are with arthritis that anything invloving stuff to fiddly is out of the question... I can cope with stuff out in the open or a fair amount of room around it but get into enclsed spaces is getting impossible, it took me all my time to get into the fuse box to pull a fuse :cry:

Peter

Hi Peter this is my third, a BX a few years back, hated it, a Xsara, great car very reliable, which is up for sale and now the C5 to replace the Xsara.

I wonder if the arial can just have a dose WD40 in through the top???

or would that bugger it up altogether?? :lol:
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hiya Tim,

I wouldn't recomend spraying WD40 anywhere near electrics like these as I'm sure it would totally knacker everything...

I might see if I can find al spry for elctrical connections/ircuit boards to see it it helps but again I think you'd need to have it off the car to do the job properly.

Peter
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

No, WD40 wouldn't be a good idea. You couldn't get it in from the top anyway - the aerial mast thread is more or less sealed to the base.
Best chance would be to remove the amp (it's not that bad a job, just that everything needs aligning when refitting it, and you can't see what you're doing and can only get one hand in under the headlining, whilst holding the base in place on top of the roof!), and leave it somewhere like an airing cupboard for a few days. Trouble is that it's all tiny surface mount stuff, and difficult to see if there's corrosion damage, even with a magnifying glass.