What makes an anti sink, sink?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Diabolical wrote: Jim does that mean if I use a higher pressure centre sphere would counter act the damping on rear spheres.
ie: replace centre sphere with a front accumulator sphere :?:
In theory it should make it softer but a full-pressure accumulator sphere at 62 bar may be just a bit much and make it very soft and under-damped.

If you have a variety of accumulators of differing pressures then it would be well worth an experiment...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

This is interesting, we all know a front hydractive sphere, having a larger volume, is an upgrade for the acc sphere. Now we are thinking its worth putting the old acc sphere in place of the rear hydractive............any more? :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Diabolical
My Cars:

Post by Diabolical »

Deanxm wrote:This is interesting, we all know a front hydractive sphere, having a larger volume, is an upgrade for the acc sphere. Now we are thinking its worth putting the old acc sphere in place of the rear hydractive............any more? :lol:

D
I replaced the Accumulator sphere on my CX with XM front hydractive as its 70bar and larger capacity. (can't remember capacity size) noticeable difference in rising time and brakes :!:
This was a tip from Graeme in CX Columnist for Citroenian.
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Yes Graeme is a top man,I think we have indulged in a little nerdy sphere/hydraulics talk on Clubxm, he knows his stuff!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............