Xantia front accumulator housing leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Xantia front accumulator housing leak

Post by Lighty »

I have purchased a Xantia estate, getting it next week, and saved it from the breakers, due to a leak from the pressure regulator. I normally used to change these, but they are getting pricey.
Anyone know the part no of the seal kit , to fix it, the repair looks simple, as I can use the press to strip it.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

rpaco wrote:The only website I could find was a single pdf document and it still has only the old address
Martin's not really into websites... He advertises in the Citroenian and by word of mouth and communicates best by 'phone or visit.

Lighty, he'll have the bits you need to fix the pressure regulator...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

CitroJim wrote:
rpaco wrote:The only website I could find was a single pdf document and it still has only the old address
Martin's not really into websites... He advertises in the Citroenian and by word of mouth and communicates best by 'phone or visit.

Lighty, he'll have the bits you need to fix the pressure regulator...
Thanks, I didn't know if Citroen still sold them.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
rangi01
New User

Post by rangi01 »

Deanxm and the rest who have posted here, THANKYOU sooo much =D> . This really helped me.

Just wanted to add, if you don't have a big vice you can, with some care, use a cheap F clamp (less than $7.00). I didn't want to remove the sphere as I had only recently changed it, so got a 400mm F clamp

Worked a treat and no more green blood on the garage floor
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think it would also pay to fit a shake proof/spicky washer in between the end mounting bracket and the reg end cap,
this should make sure the end cap does not turn while tightening up the mounting bolt,
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Jaf
My Cars:

Post by Jaf »

So do I get a prize for the longest time taken to repair something/ laziest person?! Finally got round to fixing the regulator leak after 2 years! Whee!

Big thanks to deanxm for piccys, was very straightforward.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Well done Jaf! Very good work!
Jaf wrote:So do I get a prize for the longest time taken to repair something/ laziest person?!
No, I have an outstanding job on my Activa that's been waiting for over two years now :roll: :lol: That's an LHM leak too but one that only happens in the winter... hence why it's not been done yet!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
romie
My Cars:

Re:

Post by romie »

citroenxm wrote:Ah ha.. My dealer could not find an exploded diagram of the regulator...

Does anyone know the part no for the one that sits in the plastic return part at the bottom of the regulator.... ??? I need a few of these too.....???

Thanks
paul
Heya, great work, nice detail and very useful!

So for the bottom seal that goes in the plastic bit in the bottom, did anyone get sizes/part numbers in the end for that?

(are these two parts the seals for the the bottom plastic bit of that pressure regulator?)

Many thanks, romie
Citroen Xantia 1.9TD 1996 estate 100% veg 323k
Ford Transit Tourneo 2.5L Di 1999 165k
Yamaha R1 1999 26k
Kawasaki ZXR750 L1 1993 66k (to LPG?)
Suzuki Bandit GSF400 1992 x 2
Mountain bike, skateboards, snowboards, surfboard, longboard and feet!
romie
My Cars:

Re:

Post by romie »

Deanxm wrote:Here you go Paul cheaper than anything you will find at the dealer and always to hand :wink:
Having said that my set didnt have a seal that would fit the bottom plug of the reguylator as that is rather chunky but there are ones that can be used in place of the one used on the plastic return housing, the original i flat like a sphere seal but an o ring works a treat, especialy when you cant get the original and you have a leak.

D
Fantastic, only do you know the size of the o ring that you used from that pack? :)
Many thanks if you can figure that out.

And just to confirm the procedure, I just need to:
Lower, depressurise, remove plastic bit (being careful due to spring), insert new seals, screw plastic bit back up against spring, and job done?

I see the end cap seal is more work.
The pressure regulator is leaking in both the end seal where its bracket is mounted and it's also leaking between the plastic bit and the main body.
I'll be checking this post out in detail for the end seal change!

Cheers, romie
Citroen Xantia 1.9TD 1996 estate 100% veg 323k
Ford Transit Tourneo 2.5L Di 1999 165k
Yamaha R1 1999 26k
Kawasaki ZXR750 L1 1993 66k (to LPG?)
Suzuki Bandit GSF400 1992 x 2
Mountain bike, skateboards, snowboards, surfboard, longboard and feet!