What a shame....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

If your still looking for an engine/box you could try http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/ they are in N Yorks and as scrappers go not particularly cheap, I've had 3 cars from them over the years + numerous bits, and they have been very fair in their descriptions, I have a feeling that things like engines have a 90 day warranty on them, I nearly bought a Xantia whose engine had been flood wrecked and when I told them that I thought that that was the problem rather than the panel damage, they reduced the price of the car and offered me a mint 50K engine/box for ?600 not bad, as Vanny says engines are rarer than hens teeth at the moment
________
Mexico City Hotels
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

You could also try www.bob4.com
mipster
My Cars:

Post by mipster »

What sort of nick is the body in John?
I've got a 95 Xantia TD with a fine engine (done 197K though) but my bodywork isn't great and I would be interested in putting my engine into yours and keeping mine for spares,
What colour is it?
cheers,
mipzter
Jon

Post by Jon »

This might be a way out of the problem, heres a Xanta 1.9TD engine and box complete on ebay, quite cheap at the time of writing!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=10376
quikjraw

Post by quikjraw »

Sorry for the delay, the colour of my car is a grey/green colour. Bodywork is in good nick, just needs a polish.
I'll have a look at the ebay advert Jon cheers.
Miptzer are you really interested in the car let me know before I start to take it to pieces or put a new engine in.
I would prefer to make some money back without to much effort if possible, as we have just had a baby and as you can imagine time is limited for things like this.