New Xantia owner advice required

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

my 98 R reg 1.9TD has a key pad and mechanical Bosh pump,

regards malcolm
redzzed
My Cars:

Post by redzzed »

Wowee , an active forum is this .. i posted a question on a gardening site about 6 weeks ago and still no reply .
Thx for the replies and welcomes .

Yes the suspension goes up and down , i live in bristol but am in oxfordshire most weeks mon-fri .The engine is lively and the car is november 1997 and i think some of the engine layout is similar to the larger diesel 'cos the water filler is on the lh side and not on the rad.(as it is in hayes 1.9td pic)

41 is not much good to me , am used to 50 mpg with a series of volcanes/memphis , can anyone recommend a good diesel injector cleaner ? i rarely go over 3000 revs .
the car is a hatchback .

i do have several other minor probs but will post them in another topic sometime .The pump does have that 'bosche' mushroom effort but does not have the name on it like my previous cars did .Unfortunately i tipped 5 litres of svo in it on monday eve whilst it was mild weatherwise , it is now freezing , i dont need to use the car for a few days and will not temp fate by starting it with 90% svo (straight veg oil in)

Asda has an offer of 10 litres for £10 btw.

If anyone knows of a location in either bristol/oxford/slough where i can get filtered used cooking oil pls tell .

god i miss my zxs' , this one is a bit long for me .

dave
current : 1997 xantia 1.9 td sx a/c
previous cars :
1997 zx memphis td
1996 zx volcane td
1994 zx volcane td