please help a new boy

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crazylegs
My Cars:

Post by crazylegs »

thanks to all we are getting somewhere.
my logic, which may be flawed, would suggest something electrical. the engine was running fine then just stopped. no coughing, noises,loss of power or any symptoms. it was as if a switch had been flicked. so if there is no electric pump would the high presure pump fail this quickly? how certain are you it has no electric pump ? i`m fine with petrol engines but dont have a clue with diesels.
fynnbar

Post by fynnbar »

Well, because a few people have said that the DV6 doesn't have a lift pump fitted in the tank...
If you need to reassure yourself, find somewhere quiet, turn the ignition on and listen out for the pump whirring for about 3 seconds in the tank. If not, and you still want to check, find the tank location and the wiring plug - 4 wires if there's a pump, 2 if not.
The high-pressure pumps are generally reliable (so can't see that being your problem, especially as yours is quite new). If anything, it's the regulators that often cause issues.
Also, unless you do get the codes read properly, you are potentially in for a long trial and error haul and maybe wasting money on bits you don't need to replace. If the main dealer is too far (and too expensive) perhaps give a shout out for anyone local to you with Peugeot Planet/Lexia who would be willing to diagnose at your place. Where are you ?
crazylegs
My Cars:

Post by crazylegs »

thanks, I am in Pewsey sn9 5et.
crazylegs
My Cars:

Post by crazylegs »

would something like this work? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-UNIVERSAL- ... 256090fa56
I dont have a laptop so a lexia is not an option unless someone can come and have a look