They've got to be Joking?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:I'd suggest a drunk hit-run is worse!
Yep, it is, you're right... That never wears off, ever...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Toby_HDi wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Why the loss in interest Toby?

What are you planning for your next car?

I find if i think about another car id like, I lose interest in the one i have. But the feeling almost always goes away! :lol:
I just never seem to get anywhere with getting the jobs done. Mainly due to finances as I'm on such a poor wage. I can get the stuff done, but then I find I have no money for myself. It's also about finding the motivation to actually do the job, something I have very little of these days. The insurance issue is the other one.

That's just it, I don't have a plan for another car. I always said I'd drive big petrol V's and nothing would stop me, and they'd never price me out of driving. Sad fact is, in reality, there isn't a lot I can do about it. Additionally, if I'm not driving a V, to me, there is no point in driving at all.
Ah thats a shame Toby, im yet to sample a V6 engined car but they are obviously something special!

I dont think id like to own one as a daily driver, great as it would be, the fuel costs would cripple me.

What is your main draw to a V6? The noise?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Main draw is the entire driving experience.

Yes the noise is special, although its something that needs to be worked on with the Coupé as it doesn't sound as nice as the Alfa V6 I had.

The fact is that with a big petrol under the bonnet, I can cruise along effortlessly, in comfort and return surprising economy. Yet, when the mood takes me, I can also have some fun.

They have their own character that most engines just do not have. Though I would like to sample a straight six for their inherent smoothness and larger Vs with more cylinders for the variety of sounds.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Come to Australia for a driving holiday. Get your hands on a turbo Falcon and have some fun.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Now that was a can of worms I opened!

I really hope that once the XM is back in one piece and I come to insure it, it will be far more reasonable than the silly quote I had. Once the XMs back on the road the A Class will be off road for new clutch, a grind & paint of the rear wheelarch lips and a poke around the heater booster. I might just have a crack at the alloys too...

Can't wait for spring!

Steve.
not applicable