Recent Ebay finds

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

For some reason, the public that want to buy the GTi Turbos want the Turbo 2s. An example of this was about a year or so ago, when admittedly the prices of CXs were lower than today.
We had a silver CX GTi Turbo Series 1 car in very nice condition up for £3,295 with hardly a sniff of interest.
Meanwhile, a GTi Turbo 2 on the other hand was getting huge amounts of interest at around £4,995!

IMO, I think that they want the T2s just because it is the "T2" and that the Series 1s are as rare as hens teeth - around 150 for the UK IIRC.
I prefer the Series 1 look with the metal bumpers and "proper" dash though and it would be great if they put the T2 unit in! :D 8-)
Franklin
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Andrew, what do you base your comments about first and second nose Dees upon? Observation here has shown that without stunning originality and provenance, they are all but unsaleable compared with third fronts.

I know of a second front with LHM conversion and BVH, absolutely no rust (meticulously documented restoration) that may well go to the tip because nobody will offer the owner a respectable price.