lhm fluid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

No, but have had problems getting full flow from the bleeder when the wheel in question is stationary and motor running with brake pedal jammed on.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i always find you will get full citro blood flow from the rear kniples with the car fully up on its hgighest setting,

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Maybe that's the snag - I tend to dump the suspension after placing my stand pair.
bbb
My Cars:

Post by bbb »

gsf didn't have any hydraflush so got the last of their LHM and replaced it. The old stuff was sludgy and brown so well past it's best. Car moves up and down a lot faster now haven't bled the fluid through the calipers yet but need to change pads and discs up front so will do it then.

where are the bleed nipples on the calipers couldn't see them on the front at all. Want to give them a soak before trying to open them.

thanks all, the write-ups were a big help.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

they are a bit out of sighton first look, they are on the rear top of the inside calliper half just below were the hand brake cable goes across, if the follow the pad were indicator wires as the disapear behind the calliper they are supported in the folded over bleed kniple dust cap,

if your old citro blood was that bad you realy do need to flush the system,

drain the hole system and clean the tank filters then instal hydra flush and run it for at least a 1000 mile, then drain and fill with fresh citro blood,

regards malcolm
bbb
My Cars:

Post by bbb »

we took the tank and filters out and cleaned them up with petrol. very little rubbish in the filters. didn't just siphon the old fluid out and replace. take your point about the flush and would have if I could have got hold of some but given the situation with the polish #-o i thought getting the old fluid out sharpish would be best. still have to bleed all four calipers though.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Deanxm wrote:Isnt LDS Pale yellow? thats what it sounds like anyway, its not a good idea to run it on that stuff as its hygroscopic like brake fluid.

D
No it isn't!

LDS and LHM are essentially the same spec the difference being that LDS is a semi synthetic base and LHM is a mineral base.

See previous postings on this subject.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC