Berlingo 1.9d fuel pump leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

malshelley
My Cars:

berlingo pump

Post by malshelley »

Um! appreciate that but its going to be probably more that the van is worth. I did think of a new pump or a second hand one but finding one that matches the serial numbers seems complicated.
hopefully can clear the mini we are welding out of garage soon and completly strip it out of the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless a miracle occurs
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: berlingo pump

Post by spider »

malshelley wrote: DWLP11
does this help anyone?
Yes it does. That's the earlier one (I guessed that given you said 98 but the numbers confirm) , it is a mechanical advance pump not electronic.

To quote from one of my previous topics:
WJZ = Early one. Mechanical pump. Pump is Lucas DWLP11
malshelley wrote:Um! appreciate that but its going to be probably more that the van is worth. I did think of a new pump or a second hand one but finding one that matches the serial numbers seems complicated.
hopefully can clear the mini we are welding out of garage soon and completly strip it out of the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless a miracle occurs
If you wanted to get a used one you can get one from an early 206 as well as a Partner don't forget. How to tell its early ? , the engine code (as above) or you can look at the accerator lever on the pump for a potentiometer, if it has one keep away as that's the later pump. It must come from a DW8 though, an XUD would probably not fit. It does narrow the choice as you have about 18 months worth of production with this pump type if that.

Regardless, It will either need coding or de-amouring, this is not straightforward as you need a very unusual stop solenoid on these as you cannot reuse the existing one as its a tube thing, for want of a better description. The usual choices either do not cut the fuel off or do not let it run at all.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
malshelley
My Cars:

Post by malshelley »

Still looking. replaced copper washer at bottom pump, seemed to slow leak. Have identified still leaking from joint between main body of pump and the base metal part where the pipes come into the pump.
Is it possible to seal this externally?
stephenrichards
New User

Re: Berlingo 1.9d fuel pump leak

Post by stephenrichards »

Hi all, I have a 2004 Citroen Berlingo with a Delphi diesel pump R84 48B391C / 105087EXF / DPCDWLP12. It has a seal that has gone and I've managed to get another used one to fit and replace but where could I purchase overhaul seals to repair the original.

Regards
Steve