RWD superior? errrmmm.......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Xac wrote
"she's lovely"

hope it stays that way Xac after 30 odd years :roll:

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

citronut wrote:Xac wrote
"she's lovely"

hope it stays that way Xac after 30 odd years :roll:

regards malcolm
30 years of putting up with me and I'd not be able to blame her if it doesn't! :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Got trapped in MK's railway station car park this evening by a large "300 odd bhp" BMW being driven by an idiot, although he did seem to know which end were the drive wheels.

He managed to pull out onto the parking road which is slightly up hill, and proceeded to rev like mad.
Cars behind stopped and the drivers got him going by pushing him up the hill a bit.
He then floored it and lost traction so they managed to push him round across the road so he could try and complete the turn and head out through the bottom exit.
He got stuck going back and forth in a parking space so in the end I got out and told him he was using way too much throttle.
Asked if it was manual or auto and he said "300odd hp manual"
Told him to stick it in gear and just slowly ease the clutch up, and what do you know? It worked :roll:
Then had some prat in a fiesta right up the back of me while I was matching the van a safe distance in front.
He pulled out and overtook before lunging back in before the van, nearly going up the back of a car waiting to pull out on the roundabout ahead.

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

A typical example if an idiot pressing harder on the accelerator thinking it will get them further. Though you would have thought this van driver would have known better:

Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

I've had an amusing day.

We have an older shape '05' plate Sprinter for the christmas period so we can do more deliveries. I'm the one who drives it as it has no sat nav and it doesn't bother me. What makes it even more fun is that it is lighter than the newer ones.

There is a smallish hill in Wimborne, right after you turn into the road. I noticed a new Astra turn in before me and when I turned in after it it was sat at the bottom of the hill spinning its wheels up. At the time I'm pretty much empty so I approach the hill, move out and pass this Astra and get up the hill no problem at all. I felt like turning round and waving at him :lol:

I then had to go to Corfe Mullen, which is on a hill. Cars were just abandoned at the bottom of this hill and those who were still there were revving the nuts off thinking it would get them up. Once again I breezed past them.

The other thing is that this older Sprinter has a very lively tail :D much fun has been had! All safely of course 8-)
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Which goes to prove what we all know, the conditions are not bad, it's people's driving skills which are bringing the roads to a halt

DIY sphere tool
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Xac wrote:Which goes to prove what we all know, the conditions are not bad, it's people's driving skills which are bringing the roads to a halt
Damn right, got so peeved on sat trying to get home each time i got stuck on a hill was because some idiot was either using too much throttle and digging themselves a hole or were losing momentum going up it because they'd approached it far too slowly, either way i would have to get out and push them, then try and get the HDi moving again.

BMW's were funny to watch though so it wasnt all bad :)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'