aTV Flash now available Brings new video features spam

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They'd all disappeared from the oceans, hadn't they? Leaving only that glass or crystal bowl with the engraving.

I wasn't a big Douglas Adams fan; in fact I'm nearly an anti-reader (a long and bitter story in itself) but seem to recall skim-reading SLATFATF around the time of its release as a book.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've read the books but also enjoy it most as audio. I have all the BBC episodes as MP3 files. I never enjoyed the TV series as much and hated the film. It was all wrong for me.
Addo wrote:They'd all disappeared from the oceans, hadn't they? Leaving only that glass or crystal bowl with the engraving.
Yes, they left the oceans because as the second most intelligent life on earth after the white mice, they knew long before humanity (the third most intelligent) that the Vogons were to demolish the earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass and made good their escape in good time. They left the engraved bowls as a parting gift. One was engraved "So long" and the other "And thanks for all the fish". This was a demonstration of their appreciation for all the food they'd received in return for performing displays and acrobatics.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I never managed to get into the books, but loved the radio series, enjoyed the TV series and enjoyed the film (people forget it was Douglas' script only slightly tweaked) especially with the TV series' Arthur Dent and Marvin appearing.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool