Good driving roads

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: I've not been to Chedder Gorge either.
Nor me and that's unforgivable considering I was born and brought up not so far away from there...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Wow; even I've been on it! :lol: Vaguest of recollections per traffic (1983, mind): A bit slow and "uncertain" - probably most drivers having a sticky at the gorge faces.

Would be a pearler on an empty night in a third front Dee with the possum spotters.
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

addo wrote:Wow; even I've been on it! :lol: Vaguest of recollections per traffic (1983, mind): A bit slow and "uncertain" - probably most drivers having a sticky at the gorge faces.

Would be a pearler on an empty night in a third front Dee with the possum spotters.
It was empty when I went up it, the very few people that were there were in the car parks. I did have a bit of a gander and then steamed on up. Would have been much better in an Activa though :wink:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

in the Uk this is one of my favourit roads, i think i will be taking the activa here next autumn should all work out well with the car and the pennies :wink:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... .21,,0,3.3

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

i think he may have us licked on both the car choice and driving road :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The car and road are a good match :D but personally I'm glad I wasn't in the car with him as his skills behind the wheel leave a lot to be desired especially on a road like that! Constantly turning into bends prior to the vision opening up resulting in having to correct his position whenever a vehicle came towards, his very first attempt at an OT on the van was aborted as he started to go before he had the vision due to poor bend positioning, not to mention the OT with the stationary but active car on the left, a serious lack of anticipation there!! Don't even get me started on his down-changes and lack of vehicle balance through bends :roll:

The really strange one/"Billy basic mistake" for me is later in the video when out in the countryside he make no use of main beam, hmm, what is about people who post driving video's on websites such as You Tube :roll:

Rant over, 3.0 V6 Activa, now how much are they? I quite like LHD =P~
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: Rant over, 3.0 V6 Activa, now how much are they? I quite like LHD =P~
I don't care, I WANT ONE. NOWWWWWWW :twisted:

I confess I was not watching the drive so much as I was listening to the sound of it :D :D :D

It's intoxicating :P I could listen to it for ever.

Must go for a drive, must put gearbox in sport mode... Must make mine sound like that :D :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

It does sound good, this sounds better though..

2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Oh yeah, there is no way i would want to be anywhere near the guy, his driving is more than a little raggety, good road though.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

XantiaMan wrote:It does sound good, this sounds better though..

Not bad at all :D :D Was that yours Gareth?

I did go for a drive and I did once get into Sport mode and enjoy the V6 song for real briefly. It's definitely best when the tacho reads over 4000rpm and the engine is pulling hard :twisted: :D

Shame was, around here there's precious few desirable roads and of those that are, the kill-joys have almost exclusively slapped a blanket 50mph limit on them :evil: Others not so legislatively limited were infested with wretched little shopping trolley cars dawlding along at 45mph :evil:

Looked at my front tyres. Old V6 will soon need some new ones. Seems I've got through a set in 15,000 miles and I'm a pretty gentle sort of driver. I'd hate to think how long the tyres would last under adventurous driving :lol: :lol:

It's already clear to see how the recent cold snap has caused a lot of damage to the road surfaces.
Jim

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Yep, thats mine earlier this year. You cant beat the sound of a V6 at full chat.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;