clutch cable clip WOT THE *FRUITCAGE*

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i find if you balance the steel part of the clip only just into the nylon block after fitting it to the pedle, then carefully fit the pedle back in place with the pivot bolt soltted into place,

at this point get you assistant to push the inner cable fully home, now with a long screw driver push the clip fully in,

or the other way i found is fabricate a steel cip holding toll out of a stiff wire coat hanger, make the tool so it holds the clip in a tight folded jaw, across one of the flat suface's that face you when the clip is in the oriantation it sits when fitted,

now carry out the first stage of my first offering above but without the steel part fitted, then aim the steel part into place fully,

regards malcolm
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I cut a short piece of 15mm copper tube and made a slot across the end to engage the clip to push it into place, it worked quite well.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.