407 HDi 2.0 136 ...........hellllllllllppppppppp!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

If you want to shoot me a PM to arrange a convenient date/time, it would be my pleasure.
pugsick
My Cars:

Thank you

Post by pugsick »

Many thanks, I will have a look tonight and try to work out how i send a PM.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Thank you

Post by CitroJim »

pugsick wrote:Many thanks, I will have a look tonight and try to work out how i send a PM.
Easy, the quick way is to just click the PM button at the bottom of MikeT's last post above yours. Don't press the PM button on one of your posts or else you'll PM yourself!!!

To send a PM to another member, click the link "You have no new messages" at the top of the forum index page and that takes you to your PM inbox where you can view and respond to messages sent to you. From this screen clicking "New Post" will enable you to send a new PM to any member on here.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I've instigated it for you, check your inbox (link to private messages at top of page).
tinytim2011
My Cars:

Post by tinytim2011 »

Could be egr or particulate filter blocked / blocking
or injectors not sealing or doser being knackered
withg regrds to the injectors, can u see any carbon build up around the outside of the injector(s) and/or any kind of discharge?

2 things you can do

check the bottom doser where the 2 large turbo pipes join the inlet manifold , undo the hose clip on the bottom one, if the butterfly is loose and flapping about then doser is kaput ( some have recalls so contact dealer)

second ( and this i think will be you issue) disconnect the egr valve multiplug , you wont do any damage but management light may come on , if this cures you woes , run car like this for a few weeks , then reconnect and see what happens, it may be that your filter is clogging

to find multiplug follow silver metal pipe to back of engine , thats the egr valve , connector is 6 pin brown

do it when engine is cool cos this pipe gets hot
pugsick
My Cars:

Post by pugsick »

Hi tinytim2011.

Many thanks for your reply. I am still waiting for my car back after having (are you ready)>>>>Cylinder Head, pistons, conrods, Clutch, DMF, water pump etc. Tim if ok, when i get the car back i will see if my faults are still there (i am sure they will be) and then have a look at your suggestions. It may be a week before i get the chance to respond to your suggestions but i will let you know. Many thanks for your help/ suggestions. Love the car..hate the electrics.

Thanks again/
pugsick
My Cars:

Post by pugsick »

UPDATE, got car back and it drove. Absolutely lovely for 5 miles. yup 5 miles. A pipe on the 'rail' split covering the engine in diesel. End result. Hard shoulder of M3 with hazzard lights flashing (AGAIN!).

Do to collect tomorrow. I just wanted to thank everyone for there help and as soon as i am confident again with the car i will be following your advice.(MikeT will be in touch soon).
pugsick
My Cars:

Post by pugsick »

Any help on the following very much appreciated

Just though i would give you an update (if you dont mind). Im pulling my hair abit as i got the car back and the next day disel started pooring from the rail. 2 x bleed of pipes had split and had to be replaced. The garage that completed the repair have paid for this. In addition i have had to send the car back to the garage as it literally drives as if there is no turbo. No acceleration and have to change down 1/ 2 gears when going up hill. The garage are investigating but their 1st opinion is that it needs a new turbo. As you can imagine not the best news and not over happy. I wondered if you were arare of any other issues that could cause this feeling of no turbo.

Many thanks
pugsick
My Cars:

Post by pugsick »

UPDATE>>>>

Car is due back tonight. The fault (apparently) a vacuam pipe was not fitted back correctly.

Slightly nervous about getting it back though!!!

Thank you for all your help
pugsick
My Cars:

help i think i am going insane

Post by pugsick »

oK, GOT THE CAR BACK,

engine reving nice. pleanty of torque etc.

however,,,,, there is a lot of low down rev hesitation. Normally around 1850 revs (I believe this is when the turbo starts to kick in??). Upper rev range a lot lot better. Took it for a 100 mile driver this morning. All good and then the 'ding' Depollution system light came up. I hate this system. I cant believe a car can make me feel physically sick. Really dont want to sell it but really need to sort it.

Oh 1 other thing my stereo is now in silent mode???? WTF ???

any help appreciated, If any one has any advice (other than sell it) please feel free to contact me. I can be reached via the forum or on 07789995089,

Many thanks
pugsick
My Cars:

radio silent 'mode'

Post by pugsick »

Hi, sorry if i am clogging up the forum with my questions.

My radio is stuck on a 'silent' mode.

I have tried pressing various buttons to unfreeze it but no luck/

If anyone can offer any suggestions i would be very grateful. :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The forum lives and breathes questions and answers Mr. Sick.
Unfortunately I can't assist with your most recent ones but be sure that someone will, soon.
pugsick
My Cars:

Post by pugsick »

Thanks Steve

Fingers crossed.

I was worried i was the only one with a high miler.

currently on 151000

saying that the work i have had it should technically be brand new.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

with all that engine work it would have been cheaper and quicker to stick a good second hand lump in,

it must have cost a small fortune,

regards malcolm
pugsick
My Cars:

Post by pugsick »

Citronut, thanks (dont need reminding) but good point.

To be honest the engine is now guaranteed for 24 months and at the time of initial quote it seemed the best option. My concern at the time was if i purchased a different car or engine i may still have the same problems later on down the line. That said in hinedsight yes probably the right option was to go for a transplant.