The Perils of Replacing a C5's Battery......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Unbelieveable. Have you contacted the goods' supplier to explain why delivery was refused the first time?

Contact the local public hospital via email to advise of likely incoming proctology case; courier driver with large TV box jammed in his back door - CC the email to the courier firm...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Definitely inform Amazon - they take a very dim view of their deliveries being buggered about in this fashion - DHL will probably lose the contract.

I bought a 50" Plasma from Curry's. Their delivery went awry - guy forgot to put it in his van, so I went to get it myself.

It wouldn't fit in the C5!

So I got a mate, used to be one of our company directors but now subs for DHL, to bring it for me.

I did mention that it had to be kept vertical, which was why it wouldn't go in the C5 and it was when he brought it but he did say that the majority of the DHL drivers just throw them in the vans any old how.
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

myglaren wrote:Definitely inform Amazon - they take a very dim view of their deliveries being buggered about in this fashion - DHL will probably lose the contract.
It was City Link yesterday, and then a plain van this morning. The guy thrust his delivery tablet to sign in my face before letting me see the item. I thought it was for something completely different. Couldn't believe it when i saw the same damaged box. As you can see from the tracking details, it was the exact same order I'd refused the previous day. What do they take us for?
myglaren wrote:...when he brought it but he did say that the majority of the DHL drivers just throw them in the vans any old how.
This is clearly obvious. I even suspect they will get charged for damaged goods and so why they have tried to re-deliver it. Cowboys.

I should have gone to John Lewis before they hiked all the prices for Christmas. Much better standards of delivery. Yesterday I gave Amazon another chance and I have two separate orders on the go: one for returning and one as a replacement at no charge. The one for replacement has still yet to be dispatched according to Amazon, so I know I'm not making a mistake here.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

myglaren wrote:I bought a 50" Plasma ...It wouldn't fit in the C5!
Now that's surprising. I bought a 47" Philips TV off Ebay and went up to Newcastle upon Tyne to collect it. It fiited into the Xsara Estate without a problem save that it didn't have its mounting pedestal fitted.

When I took it down to France it went into the C5 with the pedestal on. Admittedly there was no packaging round it so possibly this was the problem?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

Re - Amazon. Got an email from UK CEO's office confirming that a new TV will be dispatched next week. This seems to confirm that the delivery company were def. trying it on today. Blaggards

Re - Chris/Citroenmad. Fitted your battery yet? How did it go? Starting better?
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

I had a lot of trouble with DHL recently.

According to their tracking the guy had delivered it but I didn't have the item and, or a card saying where it was.

Moreover at the time that it was "tracked" as being delivered I know that there was no-one in the house (me and wife at work, all the kids at school).

So basically the DHL delivery guy just forged a signature and lied that he had delivered it.

I had to send a non-delivery complaint to the ebay seller but it's not really fair as it's not his fault.

We'll have to see what ebay say.

Personally I think a crime has been committed, either fraud or theft.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Paul-R wrote:
myglaren wrote:I bought a 50" Plasma ...It wouldn't fit in the C5!
Now that's surprising. I bought a 47" Philips TV off Ebay and went up to Newcastle upon Tyne to collect it. It fiited into the Xsara Estate without a problem save that it didn't have its mounting pedestal fitted.

When I took it down to France it went into the C5 with the pedestal on. Admittedly there was no packaging round it so possibly this was the problem?
The plinth wasn't attached and the packaging certainly took up a fair bit of room on it's own.

As I only had one useful hand at the time I wasn't in a position to unpack it and secure it.
It weighs a ton and the guy who brought it and his wife had to carry it upstairs for me and one of my daughter's boyfriends had to assist in lifting it onto the wall mount, where it is staying!
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

dieselnutjob wrote:Personally I think a crime has been committed, either fraud or theft.
You should be able to request a copy of the signature. Nasty stuff
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

myglaren wrote:...one of my daughter's boyfriends...
You've got to love kids. They change their mind about Person Right often as we fogies change our socks. :lol:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

addo wrote:
myglaren wrote:...one of my daughter's boyfriends...
You've got to love kids. They change their mind about Person Right often as we fogies change our socks. :lol:
She is pretty easy-going about boyfriends and fiancées. Most don't last long.
They do come in useful on occasions though :)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

frenchcarnut wrote:Re - Chris/Citroenmad. Fitted your battery yet? How did it go? Starting better?
I fitted it as soon as I picked it up on Friday evening. Its never started this well since ive had the car, really flys over now and its full of life in no time at all. Should have bought one last winter, but it got me this far.

The C5 SX had been parked up for a couple of days this week, when i came to dig it out of the snow and ice the battery was totally flat, so i guess i need to order another!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

frenchcarnut wrote:
dieselnutjob wrote:Personally I think a crime has been committed, either fraud or theft.
You should be able to request a copy of the signature. Nasty stuff
I asked but they won't deal with me. They will only deal with the seller.
The procedure is that I have to claim off the seller and then the seller claims off DHL.
If the seller goes back to ebay and says "but it was delivered and here's the tracking number to prove it" and then they refuse my non delivery dispute then I'll be the looser.
We shall see.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Go to the police and declare it stolen and your signature forged, that will wake the buggers up!
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

Citroenmad wrote:Its never started this well since ive had the car, really flys over now and its full of life in no time at all.
Great stuff. Exactly how mine's gone. I fired up my C5 today after 3 days stuck solid in sub zeros, and it went like I'd just restarted it from a 5 minute detour to pick up ice creams after a long run during a summer's day. :D
myglaren wrote:Go to the police and declare it stolen and your signature forged, that will wake the buggers up!
I'd have to agree. There's nothing like the threat of a crime reference number to get the ball rolling. Even if the Police are reluctant, they should take the complaint seriously.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

frenchcarnut wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Its never started this well since ive had the car, really flys over now and its full of life in no time at all.
Great stuff. Exactly how mine's gone. I fired up my C5 today after 3 days stuck solid in sub zeros, and it went like I'd just restarted it from a 5 minute detour to pick up ice creams after a long run during a summer's day. :D
Yep, hopefully it will last a good while too. Certainly reassuring with this cold weather.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10