Xantia ABS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Has the OP tried his ABS?

I tested mine with an uncleared fault, and not only did the ABS work, but the fault cleared! :shock:

It makes me wonder if (despite what some say) the computer works with the best info available rather than just saying "Nah. Game over"...
bigblackfalco
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI 2009 230K Miles (current), Citroen Xantia Estate 1.9 TD 1996 SX, Citroen ZX 1.9 TD 1995, Peugeot 604 2.7 V6 STI 1983 (past).

Post by bigblackfalco »

Have finally sorted my ABS woes today. Firstly I replaced front O/S sensor a few weeks ago, that didn't cure it so I checked the rear sensors and the O/S had failed on that too :(
Anyone who has successfully installed a rear sensor deserves some kind of medal I think. Firstly the old unit had seized on the housing mount point. Had to hammer and chisel the old one out in pieces!
Feeding the new sensor wire up, round, and behind the trailing suspension arm is a nightmare. I couldn't get the rubber eye gromit to come up, so unfortunately it did not make it to it's location and as a result the sensor wire is sat against a sharp metal edge :(
The only way I can see to properly install is to remove the trailing suspension arm!!
I might have another go at a later date when I have a tad more patience and time.
58 plate (2009) C5 Tourer 2.0 HDi VTR+
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi BBF.. I did my back NS sensor almost the same time as you.. I was suprised that the grommet went in easier than I expected.. It is possible to see it, and get a screwdriver on the underneath and push it home.. you just need to get the view angle right.. also I used a small mirror on a stalk to check things above the gromett (cable plug etc)

anyway, well done :)
John
bigblackfalco
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI 2009 230K Miles (current), Citroen Xantia Estate 1.9 TD 1996 SX, Citroen ZX 1.9 TD 1995, Peugeot 604 2.7 V6 STI 1983 (past).

Post by bigblackfalco »

jgra1 wrote:hi BBF.. I did my back NS sensor almost the same time as you.. I was suprised that the grommet went in easier than I expected.. It is possible to see it, and get a screwdriver on the underneath and push it home.. you just need to get the view angle right.. also I used a small mirror on a stalk to check things above the gromett (cable plug etc)

anyway, well done :)
John
you're probably right John, I'd been out the night before and hadn't had much sleep, so my patience was about zero. I'll have another go sometime soon :)
58 plate (2009) C5 Tourer 2.0 HDi VTR+