C15 Clutch Change & Pressure Plate Fixings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i never use a linning up tool either,

but just use the finger depth tests on the exposed clutch lining perimeter only,

works every time for me,

regards malcolm
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

Yes that's a uuseful method if you can't get a sight on it. No good when you have a reccesed flywheel though!
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

'Nut and Clutchman: I bow to your superior confidence in unaided clutch alignment. But for the time it took, the circumstances around me and my faltering eyesight, I thought this was a good solution for me. I also like the fact that the tool acted as a prop, leaving my hands to hold a cup of tea as I tightened up :wink:

And it's okay if you're standing up in pit or below adult height ramps, but I don't like humming Coldplay's "Rush of blood to the head"! :lol: My clutch tool spared me of that indignity :D
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

frenchcarnut wrote:'Nut and Clutchman: I bow to your superior confidence in unaided clutch alignment. But for the time it took, the circumstances around me and my faltering eyesight, I thought this was a good solution for me. I also like the fact that the tool acted as a prop, leaving my hands to hold a cup of tea as I tightened up :wink:

And it's okay if you're standing up in pit or below adult height ramps, but I don't like humming Coldplay's "Rush of blood to the head"! :lol: My clutch tool spared me of that indignity :D
Being able to drink tea while working is an enviable skill, I take my hat off to you! I don't work in a pit or on ramps though, just laying under the car using axle stands. Less effort to lift the gearbox up!!
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

flying clutchman wrote:Being able to drink tea while working is an enviable skill, I take my hat off to you!
Why thank you. It's taken me years to perfect but helps when I sing Busy doing nothing...trying to find lots of things not to do
flying clutchman wrote:I don't work in a pit or on ramps though, just laying under the car using axle stands. Less effort to lift the gearbox up!!
I don't think I assumed that in your case, but neither am I comfortable stretching my neck up from underneath with streaming traffic going past. I'd love a pit where you could put the heavy bits on a platform via sliding parallel rails to move into position when needed that would also incorporate a jack.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

do you use a straw to supp your neckter,

flying clutchman wrote
"I don't work in a pit or on ramps though, just laying under the car using axle stands."

likewise but i use an engine/gear box support beam which the engine and box are dangled from, i dont know what i did for years before purchaseing one, absaloutly magic,

regards malcolm
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

citronut wrote:likewise but i use an engine/gear box support beam which the engine and box are dangled from, i dont know what i did for years before purchaseing one, absaloutly magic
Would love one of those
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR