Due to scumbags stealing my car transporter trailer...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Andrew, just seen this. So sorry to hear of what has happened.

Don't worry, the perpetrators will get their just desserts. Maybe not in the way you'd like and maybe not any time soon but they will, don't worry.

Now, I've seen in your for sale ads that you might give up Citroens. Firstly you know that's impossible and secondly...

Don't! That's giving into them. Just downsize a bit to somewhere you can manage to protect effectively.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Bummer..sorry mate.
I know how you feel, I've had a fair bit of stuff nicked off me over the years,cars/bikes,tools, etc. Now I believe in Karma.
MikeT wrote: Have you considered getting some guard dogs or geese? There's something satisfying about watching a snarling dog chasing off a failed thief running for his life empty-handed and it pretty much ensures he won't return.
+ 1, I couldn't agree more. I've tried alarms,CCTV,(useless with hoodies/masks/image),late police responce... So I've had dogs the past few years. Family dogs,that live outside,in a plush kennel.Kids spoil him rotten and his entire daily life is fetching his football! and barking at strangers...
...but in night mode, my latest dog is fiercly protective, he's had a grip of two scumbags,brought blood etc, :twisted: they managed to flee for their lives..Plus, all the noise has all the neighbours twitching/lights on, so in effect he guards our entire street..front and back 8-)
I know that when we go to bed,he's on guard; certainly ensures you relax more.Plus word gets around, so touch wood we've had no scrotes for ages.

Looks a lot like this fella:
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

sorry to hear this Andrew :(

I get the feeling that it may be on the increase too.. :evil:
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

jgra1 wrote:sorry to hear this Andrew :(

I get the feeling that it may be on the increase too.. :evil:
Commiserations Andrew. Bloody sods. It's happening more in S. Birmingham too. At least 2 smash and grabs from cars near me in the last week.

I'm now only going to fill the car and van to a quarter full because there's been an increase in fuel syphoning. That coupled with insurance premiums going up (on top of national increases) because of the 'crash for cash' thugs plying their evil by converging on Brum.

Mind you, some of the knuckle draggers that patrol our streets won't know the difference between petrol, diesel and veggie oil.

Bloody parasites :evil:
Last edited by frenchcarnut on 13 Oct 2010, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Andrew, sorry to see that youve been targeted by the scum of the nation.

I've just remembered that I had to build a plywood box on a camping trailer parked outside my house some years ago to house a 12 volt dc car alarm and a car battery, it was one of those quick fit alarms two wires and shock sensing, it seemed to do the job very well, maybe it would be a good idea to fit something like this to any replaxcement trailer you get.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.