A Nasty Dilema

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Good news, you wouldnt like a Clio after a Xantia :lol:

Sometimes you need to try another car, just to remind yourself of how much you really like your own. :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Citroenmad wrote:

Sometimes you need to try another car, just to remind yourself of how much you really like your own. :)
Yes i agree totally with that :D :D :D

Funny thing was i thought she might actually appreciate a smaller car as all her travelling is in and around town/country roads but she was most annoyed by the suggestion and said she felt like she was being disloyal to the VSX just by trying the Clio.

Just goes to show i dont really understand SWMBO, i thought to her a car was just a car but then the VSX is a bit special 8-)

Colin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I do that with our Vauxhall Ashtray, makes me feel much better about my Xantia :D

As the old slogan says 'Nothing moves you like a Citroen'.

Though, saying that this advert makes me want a Peugeot 405 Estate.
405s are more common down here than Xantias :roll: I'm not joking either :twisted:

EDIT: URL Tag out of place :oops:
Last edited by red_dwarfers on 03 Oct 2010, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

There's never understanding any SWMBO Colin :twisted:

They're like that, you think you finally have them figured out and then they do something to show you haven't got them figured at all!

I feel exactly the same loyalty for my MK1 V6 and so do my kids. I briefly discussed the possibility of selling it now I have the MK2 and they almost hit the roof at me for making such an outrageous suggestion...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: Though, saying that this advert makes me want a Peugeot 405 Estate.
405s are more common down here than Xantias :roll: I'm not joking either :twisted: [/url]
Kev, having had two I know where you're coming from... They're seriously good, even today...

Ahhh, that advert is just so special and made all the more special by the music. Berlin - Take My Breath Away..

I love that song, one of my all-time favourites and forever associated with the 405!

Peugeot used to make so great adverts. Remember the Indian 206 one where a lad makes his Hindustan Ambassador look like a 206 with the help, amongst other things. of an elephant.

Pure quality :P

Colin, sorry for the excursion into Off-Topic territory there :oops:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

CitroJim wrote:
Colin, sorry for the excursion into Off-Topic territory there :oops:
Thats the beauty of this forum,start a topic and see where it goes a wandering,no apology needed Jm :lol: :lol:

Colin