"2005 Peugeot 607 HDI not starting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

emc4raz

Post by emc4raz »

initially no smoke, than the car was hot for bout an hour, than sudden puff of smoke, thought it was the turbo, but wasnt that thick. Held the accelerator for about a minute or so while it was smoking it, it than cleared up and is not smoking.

As for clearing fault codes do they automatically disapear or is their a way of manually clearing them., got a engine management light on
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I think you`ll manually need to get them cleared with a Planet (Lexia 'might' work if it can talk to it)

The problem being if any faults are still present they will come back (but if not clearing them will get the light out)

You do need to get them read at least really so you know where you are as it were :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
emc4raz

Post by emc4raz »

What would be the firing order or cylinder numbers on this car, what side do they start from, gonna see if i can put the injectors back in the correct order as they were numbered
emc4raz

Post by emc4raz »

Ok, cars up and running now, seems ok, still got anti pollution light but seems to drive ok.

The also had a low coolant warning message, ive topped it up see how it goes, is their any way of checking the pressures asprior to me buying the car it had a similar issue which cooked the engine or may not.

What is a heat exchange, as previous guy i bought the car of said it was the heat exchange.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The antipollution warning may go away on it's own. Mine did after four days and about 8-10 restarts.

Heat exchanger?
Intercooler perhaps? Oil cooler.
emc4raz

Post by emc4raz »

cool thanks for the info, does any one know the best way to check for leaks
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

This thread was made for you :)
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

emc4raz wrote:Cars running now, but lack of power and anti pollution fault appears, been told too drive the car at about 50-60 mph for a little while to clear it up.

Also after the car was running for some time, i turned it off and left for 10 mins or so, started back up was reving the car for quite some time is well a load of white, clear smoke appeared, than dissapeared after a little while. Could that be from the clogged filter.
You do need to do a comprehensively check on the vacuum system on this engine particularly given the history, check in particular the pressure in the swirl valve / turbo system any failure here will cause turbo overpressure.

he "Antipollution fault" wil appear for any engine related problem going into LIMP mode is a serious problem that could damage the engine.

Any blockage of the FAP will be indicated with a "Diesel Filter" message.

Clear white smoke sounds like unburnt diesel so maybe injector or HP pump related both of which will give you an antipollution message.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
emc4raz

Post by emc4raz »

Car seems to run fine, picks up speed etc, not the fastest of cars but only 136 bhp and it is a heavy car, no smoke etc, the problem was the vacuum pipe that goes on the turbo was off, garage fitted seems OK, but still got anti pollution fault