C5 Program Spare Key With Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1987

Re: C5 Program Spare Key With Lexia

Post by Dave1987 »

there is a good document on programming Citroen key with lexia tool

http://www.obd-software.com/program-cit ... stic-tool/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Post by Bandit12 »

All this taking keys apart and swapping blades etc over and quite often getting dubious results sounds a bit long winded. I was in exactly the same situation as you acrowot. Bought my citroen with only 1 key(the one with buttons)

To clarify, the only way you are guaranteed a result is to use a virgin key that has never been programmed. They are designed to be programmed once for life and once they have been programmed they cannot be re-programmed so second hand keys are going to cause dissapointment. (certainly the case for my 2002 C5)

It is good that you haev the credit card with the 4 digits because I had to go to my local main dealer and pay £15 to find out this vital number.

I used this guy and got 2 more keys cut.

http://www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is really good, and knows what he is talking about, just send him close up photos of the key blade and he will cut it from these.
Then you will need that credit card with the 4 digit code and a lexia to program each key to the car. Ben82 did mine in about 20 minutes (including lexia bootup time)

Bandit :)
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
Dave1987

Post by Dave1987 »

googled a document for spare key programming via pp2000
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;